Winx to stay "Down Under"

Home Forums Horse Racing Winx to stay "Down Under"

This topic contains 40 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Nausered
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 602

There’s no question that she’s a great mare. But how great, there is a question as too. I’m in Raymo’s camp. She’s beaten nothing really apart from Highland Reel & Benbatl. She’s never faced a REAL top notcher. I also think her style of racing, is taylor made for those tight turning Aussie tracks. If she’d have come to the UK, she’d have got beat on a long straight. They done the right thing keeping her out there. No question she’s a great mare. But at 1m and above, their racing is third rate. Best sprinters in the world maybe, but middle distance horses… No.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 564

One especially passionate Aussie lady called Carol, she says that Winx would have beaten Frankel ten lengths. After telling her over and over again, showing her ratings for two days… Explaining to her that Winx has only beaten, not a lot really… All she had left is sectional times. Carol likes to swear a lot, and her comprehension of the English language is, well, it’s not great let’s say.

Frankel’s sectional times were mind-blowing, if she wants to go that route.

Nausered
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 602

Mate, honestly, there is absolutely nothing I can say to Carol, that will quash her undying belief in Winx. Ratings mean nothing to Carol, the truth means nothing to Carol. Frankel was a pommy donkey to Carol. Darley and Coolmore (in secret) send their best horses, and their best stallions to Australia according to Carol.

Any rating, or speed figure that says different, is fake according to Carol. According to Carol, I’m a racist, misogynist, who’s responsible for persecuting the Irish, and the aboriginal peoples of the world. Do you know how I done all of these monstrosities? She called me a pom, so I called her a convict. I still have not worked out how calling Carol a convict, was persecuting the Irish and Aborigines, I gave up trying to work it out :yahoo: .

I had fun with Carol, but, dear lord she was mind numbingly crazy :wacko:

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

Winx suffers the same fate as Frankel; because she never raced outside her own locality, she has never achieved the worldwide acclaim she deserves.

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 564

Frankel is widely regarded as the greatest racehorse in recent history, isn’t he?

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

Not saying he wasn’t a great horse, but his reputation + fame would have been much further enhanced if he had traveled, to France + Ireland + MeyDan + to the Breeders Cup, or if he had enough stamina to take part in the most competitive, valuable + prestigious races i.e the Derby + the Arc

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1431

Different scenario Befair, he is in a racing continent where he beat what are considered a very high level of horse, unlike Winx. He also had Cirrus Des Aigles who travelled to challenge him and couldn’t beat him either.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 173

Wins again, you have to admire her whatever you think of Australian racing. :good:

All comers, all ground, all beaten

Cav
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4880

Admirable alright.

Would be great to see her race against proper horses sometime though.

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1104

The great mare has her final start on Saturday (at 06:05 UK time for any Sky Sports Racing viewers); surely it’ll be her 33rd consecutive victory.

Leaving aside the debate about the quality of the opposition she has faced during her winning streak, the fact that she has returned to do battle time and again, and emerged victorious, deserves praise.

I’ll certainly be raising a tinny or two to her.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Her final race was somewhat ruined by the Aussie commentator screeching as she crossed the line about her as ‘the greatest of all time’.

Utter nonsense. Frankel would’ve beaten her whilst laughing his head off even giving her 4lbs.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.