The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 460 through 476 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Yes agreed Steve..it was Law and Order’s win at Newmarket LTO remember when you mentioned Salsabeel to me and I like the look of him very much. Unlucky not to get a better start yesterday and one of those races that if you ran it again you would get a different result. The bravest 2yo’s battled their way to the front yesterday and will be interesting to see how they fair next time they run especially Majoris who was completely mugged …Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

After a quiet few days we have two Frankel’s going tomorrow. Zefferino steps straight up to a conditions race and Atty Persse makes his debut in the maiden. Both trained by everyone’s favourite trainer (on this forum) Mr Roger Charlton. After some disappointing recent performances by the colts I will be hoping to see these two go better.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

After a quiet few days we have two Frankel’s going tomorrow. Zefferino steps straight up to a conditions race and Atty Persse makes his debut in the maiden. Both trained by everyone’s favourite trainer (on this forum) Mr Roger Charlton. After some disappointing recent performances by the colts I will be hoping to see these two go better.

I actually think Charlton is a good trainer for the Frankels as he’s in the Cecil mould, has a lot of patience and will presumably work a lot to get them to switch off.

If Frankel had been trained by Mark Johnston he would have ended up in class six handicaps at Hamilton.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Toulifaut’s form got a little complement from Andre Fabre’s Double Lady, who was second to the Rouget filly on debut. This time Double Lady was dropped to 6F at Maisons-Laffitte.

Although this was only a maiden race, Double Lady won it in the style of a filly who could be good in her own right.

In yellow jacket with black sleeves and a red cap, Double Lady sits about fifth, coasting along. Under next to no pressing from the jockey she comes through to win casually by three lengths, pretty much on the bridle.

Rare to see them win that easily and with Toulifaut now rated 104 by the Racing Post, it would seem Double Lady has earned the right to have her RPR of 76 raised with this performance combined to running the Frankel filly to 1/2 a length.

She’s Grey, She’s French……..etc Double Lady:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2344/

Rue De Pissoir :whistle:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Looking forward to seeing Atty Persse and Zefferino run tomorrow at Sandown and have 9/4 about each for my Thread. :good:
    Out of interest looked up the name Atty Persse and came across this interesting Pathe News item about
    Atty Persse the oldest trainer in Lambourn who retired in 1954.
    Good luck to his namesake later today. :rose:

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/atty-persse-retires-lambourn

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Toulifaut’s form got a little complement from Andre Fabre’s Double Lady, who was second to the Rouget filly on debut. This time Double Lady was dropped to 6F at Maisons-Laffitte.

Although this was only a maiden race, Double Lady won it in the style of a filly who could be good in her own right.

In yellow jacket with black sleeves and a red cap, Double Lady sits about fifth, coasting along. Under next to no pressing from the jockey she comes through to win casually by three lengths, pretty much on the bridle.

Rare to see them win that easily and with Toulifaut now rated 104 by the Racing Post, it would seem Double Lady has earned the right to have her RPR of 76 raised with this performance combined to running the Frankel filly to 1/2 a length.

She’s Grey, She’s French……..etc Double Lady:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2344/

Rue De Pissoir :whistle:

Wow – super impressive. With the right connections as well. Thanks for sharing.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 373

Impressive that was, Caution, than you for sharing.
    The filly, Double Lady has a Clodovil brother, San Marino Grey who was a 2-y-o maiden winner and as a 3-y-o finished 2nd in Gr.3 as well as 2nd in Prix Jean Prat(Gr.1) to Havana Gold but ahead of Mondialiste.

Best Wishes
    Silk

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Jamie Spencer would have enjoyed that ride.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Mehmas is to retire at the end of this season.

That’s what you call accepting something early doors.

Cunco was said by Gosden to be a horse for this season only, I wonder if they will follow suit?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Wow – I hope that’s not a sign of things to come. Rare to get a 2 year old retiring before even having the chance to prove himself as a 3 year old.

To be honest there is not much point in retiring Cunco is there? He is hardly stallion material.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Atty Sersse with a nice performance. Was hoping for a better price than 10-11 though!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A lovely debut win for Atty Persse. Unlike so many of his naughty brothers, he was beautifully relaxed beforehand and was very professional during the race. He broke well, he settled well and, though he took a little time to pick up, came through nicely in the end to beat a race-fit animal. Front two pulled clear. Early days but he looked very promising and George Baker was very complimentary about him after.

Zefferino ran as though he needs much further. Again he was very calm beforehand and settled better than last time but he was left flat-footed when they kicked for home before finishing strongly into 4th. This one is all about next year and I am sure he will be a very nice middle-distance type as he has plenty of scope.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

This was Atty Persse’s win at Sandown.

He seems to relax well enough and responds when a horse was pushed up to challenge on his outside. He picked up well for a slap and was asserting his superiority at the finish.

A nice start to his career, he interests me more than most of the Frankel colts I have seen so far.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20160914/2628297/15687662

Before my time but the original Atty Persse was apparently a trainer back in the day, who was Champion Trainer in 1930.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

I already put that link and story up about the grand old gentleman trainer Atty Presse who retired in 1954 last night with my post Steve but you obviously didn’t see it.
    Got 9/4 Atty Presse last night so well pleased with that price. :good:
    What a great run by him first time out.
    Jac :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

AP quite green when sent about his business, but was really getting the hang of it late on.

Titus Oates
    Participant
    • Total Posts 236

Nice performance there by Atty Persse – quite reminiscent in its way of Frankel first time out. One thing I did think in running was ‘he’s small’ (first foal I believe). But, I liked him – and he looks way more tractable than so many of these colts. For those who are interested, this is his pedigree
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/atty+persse2

Dam sire is Norse Dancer, so Sharpen-Up, Diesis, Halling & very little of ND in the bottom half of the pedigree. A nice old bottom line.

@ Joni/Steve – Mehmas (guess he should be in the 2yo thread, but hey it is here). Not impressed with this either. It’s one thing to retire them early through injury – although even then I would say that they should prove their soundness at 2 and 3 (and actually 4). I can see why Coolmore did it with the Holy Roman Emperor/’George’ substitution. But this looks like a trend to me – Zebedee, Sir Prancealot and now Mehmas, incidentally all Hannon/Tally Ho – aim has to be 1st season champion sire 2020 surely? Looks to me as if they’ve spotted a lucrative niche here.

As for Cunco – the thought had crossed my mind that he ought to be gelded, but then I read the article in today’s RP re the Chilean ownership and their plans in Europe, plus scale of investment in Chile. Who knows, perhaps he could end up there?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes I think if Cunco was with different owners it would be off with his bits!

Hopefully things starting to hot up with a few choicely bred newcomers on their way. On Saturday we have Alfawaris, one of Sheikh Hamdan’s running from Owen Burrows yard. He will be taking on Swiss Storm in the same maiden whom I expect to improve a ton for his first run and for a step up in trip. Next week there is Rainbow Legacy and Monarch Glen entered. Both of these have been the subjects of numerous good gallops reports and are prominent in the Derby betting. And finally over in France, Andre Fabre unleashes another couple of Prince Khaled homebreds in the shape of Franked and Aspirer.

At the end of next week we should be seeing Queen Kindly taking on the American beast in the Cheveley Park and Fair Eva in the Rockfel. I suspect we might also see Seven Heavens in the Tattersalls. Exciting times!

Viewing 17 posts - 460 through 476 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.