The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Judge – Queen Kindly will go in either the Queen Mary or the Albany. Fahey yet to decide. And yes Cunco will go in the Chesham. Majoris will also aim to correct the only mini blot on the Frankel copybook when he runs next week at Leicester over 7f.

Glad you are coming round. I am thinking of forming a cult. Already bought the Winnebago and we will travel the world watching Frankels and preaching the word of HORSE. Anyone with me? We will have such fun…until Frankel stops producing and then I drive us all over the cliff.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

until Frankel stops producing and then I drive us all over the cliff.

He could be the granddad of a guineas winner in about 4 years time.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2989

Early thread of the year contender this eh Joni……. :whistle:

well it certainly could be one of the longest! (not that I’m complaining)

Anyone heard anything about Bullet Train’s progeny in the US? They should be making their debuts too. Obviously he could never get close to Frankel on the course, but he does share a lot of his DNA. It would be nice to hear that he’s doing OK with (I imagine) fewer opportunities and inferior quality mares. $7,500 may turn out to be a bit of a bargain!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Name Date Track Distance Going Price Position RPR % wins

Cunco 13/05/2016 Newbury 6F g/s 7-2 1st 88 100
    Majoris 27/05/2016 Haydock 6F g/s 13-2 6th 69 50
    Queen Kindly 03/06/2016 Catterick 5F g/f 2-5 1st 85 60
    Fair Eva 08/06/2016 Haydock 6F g/f Evens 1st 90 75
    Frankuus 09/06/2016 Haydock 7F g/f 4-1 1st 80

Tried to post this spreadsheet but doesn’t really work. Anyone got better idea?

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 16963

Name Date Track Distance Going Price Position RPR % wins

Cunco 13/05/2016 Newbury 6F g/s 7-2 1st 88 100
    Majoris 27/05/2016 Haydock 6F g/s 13-2 6th 69 50
    Queen Kindly 03/06/2016 Catterick 5F g/f 2-5 1st 85 60
    Fair Eva 08/06/2016 Haydock 6F g/f Evens 1st 90 75
    Frankuus 09/06/2016 Haydock 7F g/f 4-1 1st 80

Tried to post this spreadsheet but doesn’t really work. Anyone got better idea?

I have already put all the information in on my thread Frankel’s Flyers in Daily, Lays and Plays have you seen it Joni?
    The full results of each race with SP’s, times and prize money are all there along with comments as to how they ran.

I’m also going update in a similar way as you have after Royal Ascot and so on until the end of the season.

They are all doing so well, it’s no wonder everyone is getting so excited I’ve hardly glanced at many other 2yo’s out this season but really must catch up on what’s happening outside of Frankel’s World soon.. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16963

PS.. It’s really hard to post Spreadsheets or anything like them on here Joni :wacko:
    It’s really difficult to get a straight line of posters and their scores on my Saturday comp, when it comes to editing it all ends up like a squiggly snake and takes about 20 minutes to make it look presentable. What we do for love :heart:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Jac – have just discovered Frankel’s Flyers!! Brilliant. Yes takes a bit of work but it’s not work if you love it hey?!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Is it possible to do a spread sheet from elsewhere and perhaps link it to the opening post

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

If it is then you the man to do it Nath. Can you believe I got a call from Newbury today – someone handed in my wallet yesterday!! All the cash gone of course but at least I’ll get the wallet back that my wife bought me.

One more bit of news before bedtime – apparently Cunco did a stunning piece of homework yesterday……

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I wouldn’t have a clue about spreadsheets mate but Aaronizneez might be able to offer some light if he’s reading.
    Glad you got your wallet back Joni, very stressful stuff. I was livid when the cashpoint swallowed my card so I wouldn’t want the horror of what happened to you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16963

Thanks Jac – have just discovered Frankel’s Flyers!! Brilliant. Yes takes a bit of work but it’s not work if you love it hey?!!!

Right on Joni and at the end of the season I will gather up all the info and put it all together at the end of the thread in similar manner so that it can be copied and printed from there.
    I think you are spot on with the fillies and colts yet to run. It’s amazing how excited we all are about just 5 of his progeny let along the multitudes still to run.

Can you book me a place on your World Tour Joni although I might jump out the day before you drive over the cliff :wacko: thoughts of the Italian Job flashed through my mind with the bus hanging over the cliff weighed down by the the money we had all won and you up the other end saying ‘Hang on lads I’ve got a great idea!!!’ B-)

Dex
    Participant
    • Total Posts 90

If anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere where I can upload the spreadsheet file to share on here I can share this spreadsheet I created as a bet tracker:
    Frankel Sire

Participant
    • Total Posts 4161

If anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere where I can upload the spreadsheet file to share on here I can share this spreadsheet I created as a bet tracker:
    Frankel Sire

That’s exactly why I started the “Frankel – entries” thread. I’m not interested in comments people make about about his runners, just in the bare stats. Your spreadsheet is a great idea. Now whether you want to upload it in this thread or in the one I’ve started, doesn’t matter. Just do it.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

This thread is getting messy with spreadsheets appearing in it now.

Personally speaking I don’t care about the profit or loss tables. If you are backing them, your wallet will tell you how you are doing :whistle:

For me the fun is talking about them and speculating which ones will be best.

With that in mind I’ll put forward Dream Castle from the Godolphin ranks.

Trained by Saeed Bin Suroor, this Frankelstein is out of Sand Vixen and is a March colt. His mum was fast as a 2yo and won the Flying Childers before disappointing behind Special Duty in the Cheveley Park. We didn’t see her after that but she won 3 of her 6 races and was rated 107.

There must be a fair chance their will be speed with Petong further back in the Dam’s pedigree. He has an entry in the Group one Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh.

I’ll keep an eye out for Dream Castle but less so on the spreadsheets. I’ll gauge it all by the girth of my wad (and no, that’s not a euphemism ;-) )

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Listen if people want a data-based thread then who am I to stop them?!! Jac’s thread might fit the bill though. That colt sounds very interesting Steve. You would hope to see her out soon with that much speed in the pedigree. Actually we should be seeing a fair few more now that the 7f races are starting…..

Participant
    • Total Posts 16963

It is a good idea for individuals to keep their own records of how Frankel’s progeny perform and when they are running but, as Steve says,it would be nice to keep this thread for discussion about Frankel and his progeny before and after their races.

I wanted to keep it simple on my Frankel Flyers thread with a £10 win bet on every Frankel runner this season (£5ew if they are over 8/1 which seems highly unlikely). Every race they have won will be recorded on Page 1 of the Thread if anyone wants to copy and print it out please do. I have tried to put all the info while keeping it as short as possible. Those that have run and not performed up to Frankelesque standards will also be recorded for reference at the bottom of Page 1 (Still to do).

Towards the end of the season we will hopefully have a good idea of the colts and fillies that have prospects for next seasons Group races, what ground they prefer and if it was a worthwhile venture following them.

Frankel is now odds on to be top performing Sire of 2016, so far so good, but early days yet. :rose:
    Enjoy the rollercoaster…there’s going to be lots of UPS and downs before Epsom Downs. ;) Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well she has run a cracker hasn’t she? I thought she was coming to win it half a furlong out but she didn’t quite go through with it. Interesting to see how disappointed Richard Fahey was, blaming the sticky ground. Still, nice to see she is group class and will be interesting to see her in something like The Cheveley Park.

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.