The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

"Why Bookmakers Limit Accounts" blog…

Home Forums Horse Racing "Why Bookmakers Limit Accounts" blog…

Viewing 2 posts - 35 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2804

I will bet part of the stake underlaid in the live market if and only if it means that the overall odds on the full stake are still an overlay. e.g my odds 3.0, get half stake on at 3.4 rest at 2.9, so full stake on at value 3.15.

It’s a good tactic. Similarly, I quite like the idea of splitting a bet between a BOG price in the morning and a follow-up late on Betfair if the market is speaking for, or not going in again if the market is against. You’re taking advantage via a higher stake when field money says you should and via higher odds when it doesn’t.

The inbuilt contradiction in this is that your bets are being influenced by the ‘perfection’ of the late market – using it as advice in effect – yet unless you can beat that market overall the game is futile.

For practical reasons it’s a non-starter for me (I study in the mornings). And the ‘getting on at BOG’ thing still exists for everyone.

Mike

• Total Posts 660

One thing you can try is BOG arbing. This sometimes works with odds-on favourites. e.g take 4/6 at BOG and lay at 1.67 or exchange SP on an exchange. Then hope the horse wins at say 5/6 SP or the exchange SP is less than 4/6. Often you can get big bets on a fav so even a small margin is worth having.

I used to do this sometimes but it is a low volatility strategy if repeated often on odds-on horses so I didn’t always bother with the laying part. As Ginge says though the bookmaker may eventually or quickly take away the BOG concession.

Viewing 2 posts - 35 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.