The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Which Cheltenham Festival Race…

Home Forums Horse Racing Which Cheltenham Festival Race…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Are you looking forward to the most? ? ? Or do you look forward to the most? ? ?

I know the majority will be the Gold Cup, but which other race or races at the festival do you really look forward to.

I quite like the Queen Mother Champion Chase. A really, really fast pace set, and to see the horses galloping around Prestbury Park is great to see.

How about yours? ? ?

Gareth.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I think this year it really has to be the GC. The two best staying chasers (one for sure and the other IMO) since Desert Orchid going head to head.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Gold Cup and County Hurdle – love that race.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Champ chase, Supreme Novice and Triumph Hurdle in that order.

Arkle to a lesser extent.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

I think perhaps the first race that McCoy rides in if he makes it back in time; and if Graham Lee is back it will be even better – also I’d love to see Jim Lewis back in the winners enclosure…..

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

The patently obvious Gold Cup aside, I think the Supreme novices’ looks very open this year, and there’s a couple I really fancy for the future in the Ballymore. The Ryanair will also be interesting to see how much difference the promotion to Grade 1 has made in terms of attracting top-class entrants.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Why exactly would you like to see Jim Lewis back in the winners enclosure?

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi all, stating the obvious i know but for me all races are eagerly looked forward to and i’m sure everyone else hopefully, but i always pay attention to the Sun Alliance Chase, it has been very good to me in the past.

Weather permitting we have a dress rehersal at Ascot on Saturday, i myself will be in the Joe Lively camp, and i am contemplating an investment on a particular Saturday in April somewhere in the North West.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

……… also I’d love to see Jim Lewis back in the winners enclosure…..

Hopefully not with a horse called ‘Macarena’ though, eh moehat? 8)

The Gold Cup will hopefully be legendary, but for me, the best part of the week is the hush that descends just as they file out for the Supreme Novices, and the roar that goes up as the meeting gets underway.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

The Four-miler, cross country chase and Foxhunters are my three favourite races of the Festival.

Somewhat inevitably.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Somewhat strangely :D

batman
    • Total Posts 489

as it’s my 1st Gold Cup to be going to i have to say i cant wait for it, just pray both KS & D make it…..looking forward to the Mares race also this year….

but you cant beat the noise of the crowd as the horses get ready for the off in the Supreme

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

The Supreme Novice.

Because its the first one and there looks to be a lot of quality coming through this year.

MCFC Stan
    • Total Posts 377

Always used to love the Cathcart which along with the Sun Alliance Hurdle are probably my most profitable races.

Katchit
    • Total Posts 115

Too many to pick only a favourite but…

Champion Hurdle
    Fred Winter
    Arkle
    World Hurdle
    Triumph Hurdle
    Gold Cup…

oh sod it… all of em! What a great week and it’s only a month away! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.