The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What's going on?!

Home Forums Lounge What's going on?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dandan
    • Total Posts 199

…with the best Racing Forum! Every time I log in these days I see crap
    like this:

"Let’s just say that he’s neither talented nor particularly slim,
    so would appear to spend much of his time on said couch
    (though clearly not watching racing)."

-Schoolyard crap, even if it’s from someone who I generally respect a lot.

"caught this chav on RUK this morning on a chelt preview, had to call hubby in to check i was’nt going mad on what he was saying about certain chelt prospects, does anyone know his history or credentials to sprout such rubbish"

Chav?! "Had to call the hubby"?! Is this a class thing? "He wears a Ben Sherman, he has no place in our circles…"

…and…

"the reason i have for disliking nevison is his preferennce
    for exotic dancer to win the cup and diss-ing denman and kauto"

– makes me glad George Bush has more global influence than this person does. Docile levels of intelligence.

Maybe I take it too serious sometimes, but when we have positive contributers like Jeremy Grayson and Andrew Hughes and others posting on here regularly, this crap makes the much maligned Betfair forum look good.

What do you think? Funny, this is my 666th post…

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi dandan

i know what you mean…….. its becoming more like the Sun each day.

What a waste of talent. Theres a dearth of members who SERIOUSLY need and believe they could make £50,000 a year from betting.

byefrom
    carlisle

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello dandan,

Got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :)

I tend to agree that some serious chit chat is a good, informative thing.

But surely reading and contributing to Internet forums should be pleasurable and, dare I say it, FUN !! :)

I have never considered contents of public forums, whatever the subject, to be so important to be so upset about it? :?

Most people use this type of media to chill out after mind numbing jobs, and take the opportunity to be less PC that is expected in our real lives.

So, chill, relax, and have fun…. :lol:

It is a mad world out there in reality…

regards,

doyley

Ted
    • Total Posts 150

I’m sure it’s no problem for Cormack to set up a separate forum for intelligent people only, and maybe he could arrange a fools forum too? entry could be restricted to people who think Jade Goody is a contender for the "Brain of Britain" title.

Then of course he could have a "whites only" section, and maybe a slim people’s section too, after all, we wouldn’t want some fat bar steward giving us their opinions on horse racing would we? :D

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

If you let these things go, dandan, you’re accused of dumbing down.

If you put a stop to them, you’re accused of elitism.

Cormack has no chance.

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Take the good with the bad. 8)

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

How does one distinguish the intelligent poster from the rest or determine how one poster’s intelligence levels differ from another ?

In my limited experience of internet forums, "intelligent poster" usually translates as – boring individual ; lacking in humour and has tendency to patronise and take themselves and every topic under discussion far too seriously.

Discuss. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Everytime I log into this forum lately (which is no longer very often), there is a new thread moaning about something or other.

Stuck up pratts moaning about the quality of posts = If you dont like the quality of the posts then do something constructive about it and make some quality posts, instead of dragging the forum down and moaning constantly.

People moaning about this, people moaning about that. When I first joined I thought it was a decent forum with some well known people in racing contributing alongside the man in the street about racing matters.

Actually its full of stuck up idiots who constantly moan about anything they can possibly moan about.

I now view this forum as being similar to being unhappily married but without the sex.

You just log in here and listen to people moaning all day but you dont get layed.

How about Cormack bans all the people who constantly moan, that would make this forum a much better place.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

I agree with Himself, it reminds me of Nick Luck earlier this week mocking "mug" Betfair layers for offering 2/9 about a 1/12 shot and arse licking towards a "pro" like like Harry Findlay who would be lapping up the generous odds on offer. Of course the horse got beat :lol:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

If you’re not happy with the quality of threads or the quality within a thread, then why start a thread and copy and paste the ‘lack of quality’ that you’re not happy about :shock:

Why not just ignore the ‘lack of quality’ that you’re not happy about, rather than start a thread complaining about it.

Surely we’ve got to move away from constantly praising certain forum members for their intellect and expecting everyone to post like them – not everyone is the same.

As long as forumites follow the rules of the forum, and more importantly (to me anyway) are not disrespectful to each other or to other people, then all topics and posts are fine because for me, it’s easy to ignore and not contribute to the threads that don’t interest me.

Mike

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Zozo , keep taking those tablets , I am sure they will work eventually ….., let me explain what is happening

This forum is going through a transition , old and new are merging , Corm and co are doing their best to keep a balance , somehow its not just there yet , posters seem to spend a lot of time demeaning themselves and anyone else that comes into their range

stuff happens ……it will gell in the end , in the interim we all have to count to ten before swearing , lets hope the quality improves :)

cheers

#Ricky

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

How does one distinguish the intelligent poster from the rest or determine how one poster’s intelligence levels differ from another ?

In my limited experience of internet forums, "intelligent poster" usually translates as – boring individual ; lacking in humour and has tendency to patronise and take themselves and every topic under discussion far too seriously.

Discuss. :wink:

Ain’t that the truth……….on how to distinguish the intelligent poster from the rest..That’s easy "H" your the one that’s backing Denman :lol: :lol:

One Man
    • Total Posts 24

i will have a bet that this thread goes 3 to 4 pages long :wink:

any 25/1 out there?

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Why dont the moderators just delete all this shite….

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Don’t worry, be happy! :D :D

Think it’s the way of most forums not just this one, and life really with people moaning, criticising and being inconsiderate etc… Overall i think everyone on here’s really nice despite the odd occasion so not worrying too much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.