The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you listening to?

Home Forums Lounge What are you listening to?

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 1,452 total)
  • Author
    Kebab
    • Total Posts 24

removed

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Oh dear poor Podsworth – is it fatal? I’d be lost and bereft without my Podspal – I had to take it back for repair/replacement when I first got it and it was away from home for 3 days :shock:

Get well soon Podsworth :)

Thanks Kingston – I too had to get my first iPod replaced days after getting it, but he was replaced and I like to think spiritually, it’s the same player just in a more functional body. He’s on the road to recovery but doesn’t get charged nearly as often as he should owing to my breaking his house (also known as an iStation to normal people.) I would charge him via the car adapter but having over 800 songs in reach whilst driving will probably either shorten my life expectancy or raise my insurance costs dramatically. Possibly both.

I have about 600 on mine and still have loads of space, I don’t think I will ever fill him up! I have a house for mine next to my alarm clock and it plays beautifully only I can’t work out how to set the alarm so I wake to the Podspal……… I think I need a 10year-old to fix it for me and I don’t know any here!! :lol:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I’m mainly listening to this .. http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor+3/
    .. Trevor has a magical toe the same as me, that’s why I like him.

I’ve always been into music, like serious music, indie bands n’that, dead intensely musical me.

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor+2/

aisle 2 .. thats where we saw the ragu ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

LOL Dave.

Still think you can’t beat a bit of Badger Badger Badger or Kenya Song, personally…..

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

The kenya song is great .. what a place, I really fancy it, it makes you feel like just going there.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386
    • Total Posts 1904

This week I have mostly been listening to Suede The Singles which is most of the good stuff with the odd exception. Just think, if it wasn’t for Suede, we never would have seen Brett Anderson slapping his ass and Bernard Butler waving his hair, nor would we have heard the strangest pronunciation of ‘maisonettes’ ever.

I haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet but I recently purchased ‘Indie Snob Volume 64’. Some classic stuff on there. Looking forward to ‘Jingly Jangly Jingly’ by the Fey Rodents, ‘The Joy of Feedback’ by Floppy Fringes and the seminal (in every sense of the word) ‘Plinky Plonky EuroDisco’ by We Can’t Dance. Magic.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Il Divo, Regresa a Mi and Patrizio Buanne Un Angelo……….. sigh…. lovely music on my Podspal. :D

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Il Divo is Italian for The Divo ya know :wink:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

As in our The Diva?
    I like’ em even though some people say they are just another Simon :x Cowell act they are pretty easy to listen to :D

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Currently having a bit of a Britpop revival – been a lot of Elastica and Lush on in the last few days, and have been led astray by someone and thus have bought the new Linkin Park album.

I don’t even know if I’ve spelt that right. But it sounds good. :lol:

Anyone got any thoughts on the new Interpol album? Is it worthy of purchasing?

And the Hives are back, as are Foo Fighters. So far, sounds pretty good on both fronts. We had some electricians in earlier, I had Kerrang on via Sky. One of them walked through the living room, rolled his eyes and said "that’s all my daughter listens to, Kerrang".

To which I replied "all the best people". He raised his eyebrows and muttered something :lol:

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

What are the best internet sites for downloading music? (legally)

I’m stuck for music as a year ago my car was broken into and my entire CD collection stolen, and last month the hard drive on my laptop went and with it went all my music files.

I also have a Sony MP3 player, not an ipod, so would downloading songs from itunes be compatible with this or not?

• Total Posts 1268

Slightly bizarrely Zoz, I was also listening to Lush this week – Gala (i.e. the proper stuff as opposed to the crud they did when they came back), along with The Heart-Throbs.

Today, the CDs which have graced my office so far are:
    In Utero (Nirvana)
    Greatest Hits (Leonard Cohen)
    Too Young To Die (St. Etienne – best of), and
    Lipslide (Sarah Cracknell)

The last-named is total pop but very good pop indeed and an album which seemed to pass almost the whole world by for no apparent reason…

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

What are the best internet sites for downloading music? (legally)

Mesh, you’re such a Tory. Why don’t you try downloading music illegally? It’s an absolute skoosh, and you have zero chance whatsoever of getting huckled for it.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Yes Mesh .. you could imagine just for an instant that you are an anarchist from a council estate without any baggage like morals, standards and all that.

Go on have a taste of freedom .. it’ll be the start of a long road to standing next to someone who knew someone who had smoked dope at a party once, this is probably how Cameron started.
    :D

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Yes Mesh .. you could imagine just for an instant that you are an anarchist from a council estate without any baggage like morals, standards and all that.

For the record, Davros, I’ve only ever downloaded Sting and Phil Collins, so such barmoters don’t apply. :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6009

Nick Drake – Bryter Later
    Tim Buckley – Goodbye And Hello

Thank firk for that, the rest of this thread is a complete mystery

A towering twosome indeed

Currently I’m listening to Desmond Carrington’s ‘The music goes round. Classics from all musical genres’ courtesy of Radio 2 Listen Again.

We all mutate into clones of our parents somewhere down the line; in my case the metamorphosis started soon after I stopped taking the NME in circa 1990

And I wave goodbye to mammon
    And smile hello to a stream

Yo wkd

:)

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 1,452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.