The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Well done Paddy Brennan!

Home Forums Horse Racing Well done Paddy Brennan!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

The Sun: Jockey Paddy Brennan yesterday explained how he spotted injured Synchronised after he pulled up at the 11th fence and stayed with him as vets administered a lethal injection. The scene — screened off from racegoers by Aintree workers — was captured on camera by Sun reader Jonathan Stuart who stood nearby.

Forgive me if this has already been posted on here – I couldn’t find it – I didn’t want it to go un-noticed.

What a lovely thing Paddy Brennan did to offer some care to poor Synchronised – THANK YOU!! I like many felt SO distraught over what happened and it’s comforting to know someone did this …

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Link to the article and photograph (which is not horrific – you cannot tell poor Synchronised has a broken leg)
    – but it is very poignant …
    I’m not sure what his injury was but judging from this it was a major bone – probably a fetlock/pastern??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … eaths.html

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Well done to Paddy Brenan.

In the photo, he looks distraught.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Hear hear.

He’s is clearly a consummate horseman of great moral character. This is notwithstanding the fact that he had already chosen to give up his chance of completing the Grand National by sparing his reluctant mount any undue risk.

An example to behold for both the general public and to all young jockeys out there.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Hear hear.

He’s is clearly a consummate horseman of great moral character. This is notwithstanding the fact that he had already chosen to give up his chance of completing the Grand National by sparing his reluctant mount any undue risk.

An example to behold for both the general public and to all young jockeys out there.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

*duplicate post*

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

Link to the article and photograph of Synchronised.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … eaths.html

The photograph of

Synchronised

jumping his last fence shows clearly just what I have been harping on about,he’s all over the shop! NEVER A GRAND NATIONAL HORSE and that picture confirms it 100%! :twisted: Well spotted Ten Plus!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8179

Yes, well done Paddy. But I wouldn’t have expected anything less of him, because he always struck me as that sort of person. gord; I do agree with the point you’re making, but I don’t think this is the right thread to make it on…..

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

*quadruplicate post*

Sorry guys and gals

sharkenergy2012
    • Total Posts 13

Better quote from the article

Paddy said of Synchronised who lost his jockey Tony McCoy at an earlier fence: “I was just making sure he was OK. I put my arms around his neck to soothe him, telling him he was OK. It was very sad.”

Imagine how you would feel in that came position. Sad with any horse, but somehow even more so knowing you are comforting the gold cup winner/champion of the sport until he gets put to sleep.

And then the article ruined by this clear anti racing bullshitter

TV animal expert Anna Webb said horses who break legs are put down because it is too expensive to keep them.

She added: “The leg could be healed but it would cost thousands in vets bills and would be of no use other than as a pet.

“Someone would have to be willing to pay the costs of keeping it but never be able to ride it.”

sharkenergy2012
    • Total Posts 13

This is why racing is doomed. People just don’t understand it. I am reading through the user comments on that article and even the people that think they are well informed are making mistakes. I.e.

* Paddy Brennan deserves a special mention – whether or not you agree with jump or flat racing (which also has fatalities) and therefore with a jockey’s choice of career – Paddy having been unseated himself approached Synchronised and comforted him whilst the vets swiftly arranged his dispatch behind screens. This is a quick humane process, but as upsetting as it is, it is necessary at that stage. WHERE WAS McCOY? Not so interested now his champion ride was useless? HE was equally responsible and should have been there.My heart ached when I learnt of Sync’s death so soon after his amazing effort and shocked that this was not enough for his owner JP McManus, and equally for According To Pete and for their stable lad/lasses who return to an empty stable without their best friends to look after.
    BHA please regulate the Grand National NOW – don’t just leave it for another year!

Paddy Brennan pulled up – not unseated.

Tony McCoy was FIVE FENCES AWAY.

BHA already regulate it!

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Some tv animal expert she is (NOT) … she needs to read this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 … pe=article

These so-called experts are useless … actually worse than useless as they are making matters worse – she is like the RSCPA rep on "Daybreak" who stated Synchronised had bolted before the start and that the fences were 5 ft 10 ins to 6 foot … grrrrhhhhh…

Joe Public already think horses are pts "simply" because of money – they think owners want the insurance money (as if JP needs that …)

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

I’d simply echo the earlier praise of Brennan.
    A fine jockey and obviously a fine man too !

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2033

If only this story got the same attention as the others. Lovely from Paddy. Proper horseman.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.