The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Triumph hurdle 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2020 Triumph hurdle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7110

It’s a perfect day here at Cheltenham. Gone for Aspire Tower in the 1st. I’ve already bet him but had another bite here at 13/2.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

Aspire Tower looks a good each way play. Fell last time out, but likely would have won otherwise.

Goshen for the accas.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1838

Allmankind 16-1 ew, Aspire Tower 20-1 ew. Good luck all.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1838

2nd and 3rd at decent odds. Lucky but I’ll take it. Bad luck Goshen supporters.

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Such a shame

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

Poor Jamie Moore, hope he didn’t get any hooves off the back protector, that was nasty. Hard luck anyone on Goshen.

The mare must have schooled over a few hurdles since the last time. Good cool ride by Townend to humour her round the first mile.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 419

I was on the second and third each way as well but genuinely disappointed for Moore. Really bad luck.

patriot1patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 453

Horrible.

That was a mighty performance from Goshen until the last flight. I loved the way Moore served it up to Allmankind before the second last and hopefully he won’t be crucified for that same positivity at the last.

Classy comments from Mullins. However the jumps are there for a reason and Burning Victory was the best at galloping AND jumping on the day.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Very impressed with Willie Mullins; I was in tears and he looked as upset as I was. I’ve loved Jamie ever since the Fiepes Shuffle days and I’m heartbroken for him.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Feel for anyone who backed the favourite, bad luck on the Moores. Just hope they can take some consolation with having such a great horse for the future. :rose:

value is everything
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

hopefully he won’t be crucified for that same positivity at the last.

Hope not; he doesn’t deserve as if he’d slowed up to pop it, it would be hard to regain momentum and accelerate up the hill on a horse who had done a lot of work in a strong run race already. With a bit of luck the horse could just as easily have flown it and kept the upper hand to secure the win.

patriot1patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 453

Pictures on ITV show it was even more unlucky than it first looked.

What were the chances of the hooves locking like that?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

Although really lucky he didn’t strike into himself an inch or two higher up and sever the deep digital flexor tendon or he would have broken down fatally on the run in.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1087

How much will the handicapper increase Solo for that performance?

It is time that there is a serious overhaul of how juvenile hurdlers are rated. The boodles needs to be scrapped as a race, and the ridiculous ratings given to juvenile hurdlers need to be reviewed.

Today’s winner is about 140, I’d have Goshen at 153, aspire tower 144, allmankind at 143 and work out the rest from there

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2911

Thought it was awful riding from Jamie Moore and not just because he cost me money. Why the need to panic so much on the run to the last? No one could accuse him of riding with ice in his veins, jumping up and down like a dervish, no wonder the horse was confused with the messages he must have been getting down the reins.
    It reminded of Jacob on Might Bite at Kempton and funnily enough I had a bit of a sense of dread on the run to the last hurdle.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.