TRF Thread of the Year 2014 – VOTE

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Thread of the Year 2014 – VOTE

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16083

Well done BH, really good read your thread, and deserved winner.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6928

Whoa there Nathan. I was keeping a thread up my sleeve until New Year’s Eve which would have been a sure fire victor.

The title was to be "Nicky Henderson is the illegitimate son of Tory Boy from Harry Enfield and Baron Von Greenback from Dangermouse….discuss…."

(((shoots coffee all over monitor)))

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1932

You hadn’t guessed GC?

Bachelors HallBachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1263

Thanks to everybody for their votes and thanks to PC for plugging his charge. I fear I will have to do incredibly well if Juvenile Hurdlers 2015/2016 is to repeat the dose.

I’ve had to abandon this season’s thread for a few weeks at least since my bothersome gambling problems have recently resurfaced necessitating a complete stop to all prospective viewing of all sporting events until I’m used to not gambling *sob*

I hope that it doesn’t die between now and whenever but I should be returning to it before the Adonis.

Thanks again.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

The title was to be "Nicky Henderson is the illegitimate son of Tory Boy from Harry Enfield and Baron Von Greenback from Dangermouse….discuss…."

Are you sure you mean Tory Boy and not "Tim Nice But Dim"?

I’m not seeing it with Tory Boy, he’s got glasses and spots. Tim is the one with the teeth:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tim+n … B480%3B360

I always felt Tim was a dead ringer for Willie Haggas but I guess Nicky’s in the same level of dental fortitude.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1932

Nice but Dim as Haggas is v good.

The way Henderson has always swayed me towards Tory Boy. The potential for the ‘Pffftttssss’ after sentences is always there.

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1019

Well done Bach, loved your thread, really shone a new light onto what can be a charming aspect of NH racing, esp in the early months. Once the big guns from Mullins and Nichols start coming out, it’s a different game

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.