TRF Thread of the Year 2014 – VOTE

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Thread of the Year 2014 – VOTE

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by befair befair 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

Roll of Honour

1st THE DAY WE BURIED RED RUM – Steeplechasing
    http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91656&start=0

2nd BET PRO-GAMBLER REPORT – Betlarge
    http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94088&start=0

3rd TWO LEGENDS MEET UP – The Ante post King
    http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93579&start=0

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

For sheer in-depth effort I had to vote for the Juvenile Hurdlers thread. Very informative and a lot of hard work involved. Cheers BH

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

The white flags will be out soon.
    I hear Joni has a Frankel flag so he can wave that one. :)

Another thread this year which is deserving of a mention was the RIP Lucy Stack thread. Worth bringing up at a time when lost ones are very much in our thoughts. Some excellent contributions made on the thread and highlighting the issues of mental health and how precious life is.

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94918&hilit=suicide

Bachelors Hall
    Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

It is a shame the Lucy Stack thread wasn’t nominated because it should have won this poll by a landslide.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25882

It is a shame the Lucy Stack thread wasn’t nominated because it should have won this poll by a landslide.

Disagree BH,
    May be the Lucy Stack thread would’ve got a sympathy vote, but your thread is imo a mile infront of anything I’ve seen this year (quite possibly any year) and deserving of all the votes it’s got.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

bump

Bachelors Hall
    Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

For sheer in-depth effort I had to vote for the Juvenile Hurdlers thread. Very informative and a lot of hard work involved. Cheers BH

Thanks… And thank you for your contributions to that thread as your insight has been at least as cogent and as astute as anything I’ve written.

Disagree BH,
    May be the Lucy Stack thread would’ve got a sympathy vote, but your thread is imo a mile infront of anything I’ve seen this year (quite possibly any year) and deserving of all the votes it’s got.

You’re often right about these things and I can accept that the Lucy Stack thread was less a thread about horse racing and more a sociological one – hence a less appropriate topic for an award on a horse racing forum.

As with steve, you’ve also made some lovely contributions to the juvenile thread and I look forward to more of the same once the Cheltenham markets really hot up.

I’ve actually voted for Peruvian Chief’s thread. Not only because it has a far wider scope for racing fans in general but because it reminded me of the reasons I truly love the sport. Whilst I’m fascinated by Juvenile Hurdlers due largely to the peculiarly small amount of information available, it must be said that it is a niche area of the sport.

Furthermore, and I don’t want to give the impression of false modesty, as primary contributor to the thread, I actually know that the effort I’ve put into that thread has not been the best I could give. I’ve left an awful lot on the gallops so to speak for one reason or another and I’d feel uncomfortable if the thread was declared best this forum had to offer. Then again, maybe I’m reading too much into what an award actually means :D

Professortrubshawe
    Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 506

None of mine were nominated. I’m shocked!

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

You’re 50/1 to win it next year Prof.
    You would of my vote for quote of the year about dropping the notes down the drain outside of the bookies.

Ghost of Rob V
    Ghost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 715

bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbb7X1ndEH8 :lol:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

Was that you Ghost? :mrgreen:

http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/52.gif

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20476

Well done Bach on winning with such a great thread.
    I think we should include the thread of the year into the main awards if Cormack agrees as it’s the threads aswell as the posters that make the forum what it is.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1932

Whoa there Nathan. I was keeping a thread up my sleeve until New Year’s Eve which would have been a sure fire victor.

The title was to be "Nicky Henderson is the illegitimate son of Tory Boy from Harry Enfield and Baron Von Greenback from Dangermouse….discuss…."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.