The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF End of Year Awards

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF End of Year Awards

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Horse of the year

War of Attrition – His performances in Cheltenham and Punchestown in both festivals were top notch.

Trainer of the year

Paul Nicholls – Pure Genius

Jockey of the Year

Ruby Walsh

Poster of the year

Cormack15 – For stepping in and taking on such a colossal job, fair play!

<br>JohnJ<br>

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

Horse – Young Mick, the Darknight puts it perfectly with regards this horse.

Jockey – Ryan Moore, lets his riding do the talking.

Trainer – The hardest category, Paul Nicholls.

Poster – cormack15.

cheltboy
    • Total Posts 129

Kauto Star.  His recent performances speak for themselves.<br>Paul Nicholls<br>Ruby Walsh.   <br>Poster.  APracing.  Alan’s contributions are always well informed and full of insight.  But for obvious reasons Cormack should take the plaudits.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Jockey:Ruby Walsh-the one you want on your side at the highest level.<br>Trainer :Jim Bolger -played his hand magnificently.<br>Horse :Beef or Salmon ,fluked his tenth Grade 1 -is this a record.<br>Poster: Clivex for inextricably linking Paul Carberry to the war on terror.Next year it will be Fallon and weapons of mass destruction.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Chippy post of the year

LUKE

Slowest poster of the year

LUKE

who couldnt understand the connection between setting off fires on planes and peoples nervousness about terrorism

Cave dweller of the year?

(Edited by clivex at 9:13 pm on Dec. 13, 2006)<br>

(Edited by clivex at 9:14 pm on Dec. 13, 2006)

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Captain Caveman, obviously.

(Edited by Aranalde at 9:37 pm on Dec. 13, 2006)

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

I will base my selections on the horses and trainers that were consistently good to my betting bank when racing at the highest levels of the sport in 2006.

Trainers = PJ Hobbs and A OBrien

Horses = Ouija Board and Detroit City

Poster = Alan Potts ( always insightful and well informed)

Moments of the year = Ruby Walshes immeadite post race interview on the BBC after his victory at Aintree on Kauto Star (the most insightful interview given all year imo).  Georgous Georges antics after winning the Guinneas, Y Takes incredibly weak finish in the Arc, Horatio Nelson breaking down at Epsom and Teofilos victory in the Dewhurst all readily come to mind, there are probbably more.

Most missed posters on TRF = Stav and EC

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Horse: Katarino (remember him?)

Trainer: Colm Murphy

Jockey: Ruby Walsh

Poster: Grasshopper

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Horse – Kauto Star – has already brightened our days and has enormous potential

Trainer – I’ll row in with Paul Nicholls.  However of the trainers not so far mentioned I’d give an honourable nod to Brian Meehan for his big wins in Dubai and Breeders’ Cup with two very different horses.

Jockey – Dean McKeown, who, whilst no spring chicken, pulled off two remarkable million dollar rides on Collier Hill in Canada and Hong Kong – both times giving his owners heart stopping moments but prevailing by the narrowest of margins

Poster of the year.  Of course hats off to the much missed Daylight and to Cormack who has taken on the job with such style and vigour.  I’m going to nominate Wit however because he is unfailingly informative about the sort of subjects that interest me.

<br>

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Rory  —  Yes, I remember KATARINO who won the triumph hurdle a few years ago. He’s a lovely looking horse who always trys his best and looked as if he was going to be a great chaser until injury intervened. He’s come back to win the Foxhunters for the last 2 years and jumps those Aintree fences brilliantly. He’ll be 12 years old soon so I don’t know how much longer he’ll keep going but I’ll always remember him as one of my all time favorites.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Horse of the Year: DETROIT CITY<br>(….and horse of next year I should imagine)

Trainer of the Year: ALAN SWINBANK<br>(For COLLIER HILL and having faith in Dean McKeown!)

Jockey of the Year : KERRIN MCEVOY<br>(Has to be the best number two in the world…?)

TRF Poster of the Year: SAL <br>(I learn something new with nearly every post!)

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Time to move on from nominations to actual voting, I reckon. How about dj takes the lead, given that he started this thread in the first place?<br>

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.