The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Today's Channel 4 coverage at Aintree

Home Forums Horse Racing Today's Channel 4 coverage at Aintree

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

WHAT is Tanya wearing? :unsure:

Blue1878
    Participant
    • Total Posts 179

Burrough, she looked like she’s come from the front line in Syria but I do like her knowledge as she often puts up a winner unlike Uber super expert Timeforms very own Mr. JM.

AKP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

I have to say I found the channel 4 coverage tedious.

– Emma spencer, doesn’t have any any real knowledge of nh Racing

– frankie dettori, has some charisma but again when it comes to nh I didn’t gain anything from him.

– gok wan, what on earth was he doing on there? Brought absolutely nothing. I think what did it for me was he was interviewing someone and he was disappointed that they were there for racing rather than fashion.

I see people dislike fitzy but Id much rather listen to him than any of the above when it comes to jumps racing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Please please show the head on view at Bechers. What they keep showing is garbage.

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

I have been watching the Grand National since 1967 and have seen most of the races on TV live. Today’s coverage by Channel 4 was the worst I have ever seen. Although they have improved the coverage of races generally they truly failed on the big day.
    Too many interviews and the ridiculous coverage of a chav fashion parade. Not enough cameras following the runners in the race and crazy shots from the air that reduced the runners to mere specks. Hardly any shots of the runners in the paddock, only a bit of the parade. They did manage to get in the way of owners and trainers in the paddock and ask naive questions of Donald McCain at the saddling boxes.
    Worst of all they go up with the mike when the winner is clearly distressed and delay the jockey dismounting and then prevent the frantic trainer to get to his horse.
    I presume most of the users on here watched RUK’s coverage and maybe didn’t spend the afternoon cursing at the TV screen.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

To be fair to Alice, she was first to back off when the winner wobbled, reacting even before Aspell did.

Maybe it’s time for a red button set up offering numerous different views. I like the aerial shots, and would happily watch 30 seconds of ‘normal’ angles and 30 seconds of aerial throughout each race. Aerial gives a much better perspective (imo) on positioning and jockey maneouvring.

For those who want the head on Becher’s shot back – why? The fence is nothing like it used to be. In fact, I’d happily bet that if you walked in after the race had started and the sound was down, you wouldn’t be able to tell when they were jumping Becher’s, and that’s from any angle.

I thought some of the close-ups at fences (during analysis) were magnificent.

Whoever the broadcaster, they won’t please everyone, but, all in all, I thought Ch4 did a fine job over the meeting. The course, in a way, is more dramatic looking than Cheltenham, and the meeting is becoming just as enjoyable, in my view. Yesterday’s supporting card was a bit disappointing, but overall they seem to get a better balance to the cards than Cheltenham do.

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.