The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thursday Clappers

Home Forums Lounge Thursday Clappers

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

“Hong Kong flu killed 80,000 people in the UK just over fifty years ago. We did not shut down the economy and make people stay at home. Why have we panicked so much this time around?”

The elites were not ready 50 years ago to orchestrate a global takeover and a one world government. They are now.

The NHS would not have coped. They predicted if we had kept on as normal 80% of the population would have contracted the virus with half a million dead. But at least you could have got a KFC.

Surely from the fallout of having basically closed the entire worlds economy for over 8 weeks a much much larger strain will be placed on the NHS? Poverty like never seen before is coming, with poverty comes disease and poor health and disease, the fallout from mental health alone will break the NHS never mind all the people who will die from starvation and other diseases caused by poverty.

Lockdown will ultimately break the NHS once and for all far greater than any respiratory virus ever could.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

If we have slowed the virus enough so that the NHS is not overwhelmed… And slowed it so that a vaccine can (eventually) be found… Then surely the lockdown is worth it. Yes, we’ll have a recession, but the chances are the recovery will be swift.

If lots of people don’t take any notice of this lockdown they’re putting others lives at risk. I am taking my 80 year old father to hospital tomorrow for a glaucoma check up. Needing someone with him he trusts, finding it difficult to understand things sometimes. Yes he has a choice whether to go or not; but warned last time that he could very easily go blind. Should he stay at home Robbo? I’ll be knowingly taking a slight risk as am diabetic… But my parents have been self isolating and so have I – other than meeting my girlfriend yesterday for the first time since lockdown (who’d also been self isolating for a week).

I xxxxxxx hope those taking no notice of lockdown won’t be there! :wacko:
    Maybe those taking no notice of lockdown should be banned from using the NHS? ;-)

value is everything
    Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

I don’t understand why you are asking me if he should stay at home? Surely that is his decision to make not mine?

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

Your post also implies that I have broken the lockdown and shouldn’t be entitled to NHS treatment? I haven’t broken the lockdown once, I keep out the way of people when I am out walking (out of respect of their fears not my own).

Ironically unless you live with your father then it is in fact you and your father who are breaking the lockdown by going to the hospital together. Which means you are contradicticting yourself as you can’t change the rules when it suits you.

Surely somebody who is so strict on lockdown should not be taking his father (unless you live with him) to the hospital.

Obviously I don’t have any problem with you taking your father to the hospital and believe it’s the right thing to do as I’m sure he will appreciate the company from his own family though by doing so it completely contradicts your own opinion on lockdown :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

It is you that posted Lord Sumption’s interview, calling it “fantastic”.

In that interview he says that people should be allowed to make up their own minds whether to Lockdown or not. Go to the pub, theatre etc if they so wish. Or stay at home if they so wish. Point is that staying at home instead of going to hospital – staying at home instead of going blind – is not much of a choice. Realise technically I will be breaking the rules, but there are degrees and is why I made the disdinction of saying “those taking no notice of lockdown”. If you and Lord Sumption had your way you both (and many more people) would be going here, there and everywhere they wanted; with a far greater risk of getting this virus… And then without symptoms possibly going to a glaucoma hospital. Putting people who did not want to take that risk – like me and my father (and NHS staff) – at a far greater risk.

Just bear in mind that if getting what you wish for others will pay the price.

value is everything
    Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

Ok got it it’s fine for you to break the lockdown rules when it suits you but if anybody else breaks them they shouldn’t receive nhs treatment.

If your father needs treatment then if the NHS are not able to provide transport for him then he should get in a taxi with a stranger who he doesn’t live with and have him drive him to hospital and collect him.

You are either for the rules or are against them. I have more respect for somebody who says “**** the rules and is open about it” or somebody who follows the rules.

The superior ones who judge others but are happy to break the rules when it suits them are the worst types imo.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 208

Poor Ginge has left the thread to the sound of slow clapping :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

I asked a question – even with a ;-) at the end of it, Robbo. Not a serious question. Doesn’t mean that I think anyone should be stopped from going to hospital even if they make other people’s risk of getting the virus a lot greater. Everyone should be allowed to go to hospital. Just asking the question so that people might think of the consequences of their beliefs. Beliefs that they/you are of course fully entitled.

I haven’t called you any names, just said that I xxxxxxx don’t want to see anyone “taking no notice of lockdown” (not necessarily you) at the hospital tomorrow.

You have in this thread described some nurses as “narcissistic”. Some people “make me (you) sick”… Plus “society in general is narcissistic and obsessed with getting likes on facebook”… And others you “dislike this attention seeking attitude”

So just who is “The superior ones who judge others”?
    Apparently according to you I am one of “the worst types”.

Come on mate. :rose:

value is everything
    Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

Not true at all I clearly stated that I don’t have any problem with you taking your father to the hospital even though that is clearly in breach of the rules. It was you who personally asked my opinion on this personal to you matter.

I have 100% stuck to the rules personally even though I don’t like them and think the effect of the lockdown is going to be much more negative for the nations health than any virus ever could be.

There is no personal attack on you, I have merely pointed out the flawed logic.

Some of my favourite Facebook warriors when we were under stricter lockdown were making posts such as:

“I have just been for a walk by the river and I cannot believe how many people were walking by the river, it was busier than a normal day pre lockdown. Do these idiots not realise there is a lockdown on. We will never get out of lockdown at this rate”.

I have genuinely seen posts like the above example. They seem to have no realisation that they are doing the exact same thing as the others by the river but get on their high horse about the others who are doing the same.

GoldenMiller34GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1165
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17605

Good article Chris, and reflects the views of any NHS staff I’ve spoken to, who’re getting increasingly uncomfortable with it all, and just a little embarrassed.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

Ginger, is allowed to bend the rules as being part of the ginger police….👮‍♀️
    on a serious note, hope your father is doing okay Mark.

Member since March 2008
    Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 275

Last year, for the first time in my life since my age was measured in days, I found myself in hospital (thankfully for only one night) and to a man/woman they were fantastic. From the GP appointment that I got within hours (and I know it’s not like that everywhere, it was a fortnight if you were lucky where I used to live) to the doctor who finally got to see me at 2am to the chap bringing round the cups of tea I cannot fault anybody.

These people were from the UK, the (then) rest of the EU and beyond. Whether or not it was your intention to stick your middle finger up at these people by voting for the Tories and/or Brexit, you did. I don’t clap like a seal on Thursdays because I don’t need to. I do my bit using ballot papers and that section at the bottom of my payslip.

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5099
    Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 208

Yeah, Drone, Annemarie Plas was on Jeremy Vine radio 2 yesterday talking about bringing the clapping to an end next Thursday.
    I may go out to clap for the end of clapping.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.