The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Was meant to be writing a literature review today but instead got hooked by National Hunt fever. Been looking at replays all day and formed some ante post opinions:

Grandouet

would surely have gone mighty close in the Champion Hurdle and if he stays sound I see no reason why he won’t be in the shake up this time around. A lot depends on the well being of one H. Fly. Take him out of the race and imo Grandouet is the best of the rest. At 12/1 I shall be getting involved at some stage.

Boston Bob

wins the RSA. He’s a chaser all over and I’m certain he wasn’t right at Cheltenham. His form with Lyreen Legend is as good as any novice hurdle form last season considering he was giving him the best part of a stone on ground which he apparently hated. I can see him going off very short. 10/1 will do nicely to make amends for recent crossbar efforts First Lieutenant (20/1) and Jessies Dream (16/1).

Don Cossack

surely needs further than 2 miles. Wouldn’t touch him for the Supreme at this stage anyway as there’s a good chance he’ll end up in the Neptune. However I’ll be surprised if he and

Un Atout

don’t have a part to play somewhere.

Champagne Fever

looks a nice Jewson candidate. His trainer has Boston Bob for the longer race and when he sees how the Jewson has crowned Sir Des Champs :wink: he’ll be more than happy to go for the less prestigious race with this lad.

Montbazon

looks a big price for the Champion Hurdle at 40/1. I don’t expect him to win it but he won’t be too far away.

Quito De La Roque

still has a part to play in the big races this season. On the back of two below par efforts he has been written off by many but he has his excuses imo. However, his liking for soft ground and his recent troubles make it seem unlikely he’ll have a crack at the Gold Cup unless it comes up soft. Same applies to

Last Instalment

I’m new to Betfair but

Grands Crus

looks a good back to lay opportunity for the Gold Cup.

Finians Rainbow

will be hard to beat in the Ryanair, and the fact he’s stepping up in trip surely tells us everything about

Sprinter Sacre

Sir Des Champs

wins Gold :twisted:

Now then, Grandouet 12/1, Boston Bob 10/1, Finians Rainbow 7/1, Sir Des Champs 6/1; works out at about 8000/1 for the acca 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Didn’t think I was going to be backing anything tomorrow but if racing gets the go ahead

Joncol

will be very hard to beat in the Grade 3 chase. I thought he’d be an even money shot but low and behold he’s 7/4. Follow The Plan is very in and out and prefers good ground, and also has to bounce back after a tame effort last time. It feels like Joncol’s been around for ever but he’s still only a 9yo. He suffered an injury in the Lexus but has been given plenty of time to recover, and he’ll love the ground should racing go ahead. Also, he receives weight from all bar Arabella Boy and I think he should win easily.

4.15 Punchestown
    Joncol
    €20 win @ 7/4

- €150

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Tell you one thing it ain’t easy is it! :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

€10 win double:

Waaheb 4/7 and War Correspondent 11/8

€5 win treble:

Waaheb 4/7, War Correspondent 11/8, Cops And Robbers 2/5

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Old Roan Chase
    Noble Prince
    €10 e/w @ 6/1 Totesport

Reasoning to come.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Noble Prince

is a massive price for tomorrow’s Old Roan at 6/1 imo. Things didn’t go right for him last season after his reappearance, bumping into Big Zeb on soft ground a couple of times and pulling up injured in the Ryanair. He receives 6lbs from Wishfull Thinking who he beat by 4 lengths in the Jewson a year and a half ago. Gauvain is a hit and miss sort but first time out might be the time to catch him so he’s feared as the main danger.

- €185

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

€10 win

Rathlin

@ 7/2 PP
    €20 win Mount Benbulben @ 7/4 WH
    €20 win Lyreen Legend @ 15/8 Totesport

- €235

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

You’d have made some money laying the horses I’ve backed since the start of the summer! :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

As Gord says, loyalty is key! Thank you

Lyreen

:wink:

- €177.50

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

King George 2012

Grands Crus
    €10 e/w @ 8/1 William Hill

Arkle 2013

Trifolium
    €5 e/w @ 25/1 Boylesports

Gold Cup 2013

Flemenstar
    €10 win @ 14/1 William Hill

Champion Chase 2013

Sizing Europe
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 Paddy Power

Another ante post:

RSA Chase 2013

Boston Bob
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 Totesport

- €197.50

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Will be interesting this weekend Tommy to see if QDLR can get the better of Sizing Europe again over the 3 mile trip.

Intersting that PP have opened 9/4 for both while Ladbrokes go 6/4 SE and 4/1 QDLR. I think something was clearly a miss with Quito last season and if straight and back to his previous seasons form will be tough to beat over the trip, certainly worth a chance at 4/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hope you didn’t get scalded with Quito Pants. I thought Davy Russell should have been more positive on him, he was staying all the way to the line but perhaps he wasn’t as fit as they thought they had him. Either way, it was a better performance than in the race last season where he didn’t travel a yard.

I see one of my novice chasers to follow runs tomorrow in

Dedigout

. He’ll probably be quite short in the betting in what looks essentially a match with Noel Meade’s Knockgraffin King. His form with my RSA dark horse

Lyreen Legend

reads well and he should be hard to beat.

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

I’m afraid I did Tommy! Your right he travelled ok through the race and was coming back at them when it was too late, hopefully he’ll come on for that but he’s below Gold Cup class in my opinion, maybe they should aim him at The National?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Stoney

had a nice little day out for himself on debut and with Dessie Hughes banging in the winners he should take the bumper at Thurles.

3.55 Thurles
    Stoney
    €10 win @ 2/1 (PP)

- €207.50

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

3.00 Cheltenham ~

Uncle Junior

€5 e/w @ 5/1 (Totesport)

Did me a couple of favours last season when winning today’s race and again at Punchestown when he came from another parish. I’m expecting a bold show today.

Paddy Power Gold Cup ~

Triolo D’Alene

€5 e/w @ 12/1 (Totesport)

Was a strong favorite for the Centenary Novices Chase won by Hunt Ball at the Cheltenham Festival. Finished tamely and has since had a wind op. Barry Gerathy doing 10-01 is a tip in itself considering the lowest he’s ridden in the past 12 months is 10-02. I expect him to go off single figures.

• Total Posts 15015

Uncle Junior won that well THM, good recovery too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

1.55 Cheltenham
    Bradley
    €5 e/w @ 6/1 (Totesport)

Really like this ones chances. He is off the same mark as when 4th here last time out and the extra 2 furlongs should bring out the best in him.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.