The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THE RETIREMENT FUND METHOD.

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems THE RETIREMENT FUND METHOD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Using the sportinglife web site for selections, all races that are non-handicaps from all the days racing are to be used to make selections from.

Any horse that won last time out current season form only, and as won at the distance, had a recent run within 28 days is concidered for a selection providing its in the price range of between evens and 9/4.

So to sumerise<br>a. Must be in a non-handicap.

b. must have won l.t.o.

c. must have won at the distance.

d. must have run within 28 days.

e. must have one of the following prices 1/1 11/10 6/5 5/4 11/8 6/4 13/8 7/4 15/8 2/1 9/4.

nb.<br>If there is more than one selection in a race that meet tha above, the one that ran most recent is the selection, if they are still the same the one shortest in the forcast is the selection.

Back all selections to 5 points level stakes.

So there you have it, something else for you boys to play around with.

Theres only one bet on monday 19th jan 1004.

PLUMPTON.<br>3.10 The Bandit 5 points win.

Ollie
    • Total Posts 82

Daz,<br>A good start to your new system with a 5/4 winner!<br>Have you been monitoring/paper trading this system? if so what has been your strike rate?<br>Ollie

woody
    • Total Posts 121

Hi darrell,

Congratulations on your winner today :biggrin:

<br>I had a bit of spare time today so I decided to run this system through RSB Flat for the last 10 years and see what happened.

Although I couldn’t pin the rules down exactly (had to use 31 days instead of 28, stuff like that) i think it was close enough not to make a significant difference.

Unfortunately, it didn’t perform particularly well! :( <br>I reckon it’ll work much better for NH races, although i don’t have RSB NH so i can’t say for sure.

Good luck with it anyway! :)

woody

Ollie
    • Total Posts 82

Woody,<br>Interesting we’ll have to see how it shapes up.<br>do you find the RSBuilder useful?<br>Ollie

woody
    • Total Posts 121

Hi Ollie,

RSB is useful, especially for checking through past trends and ‘simple’ rule-based systems.

However, RSB is very popular so these days it is unlikely you will find anything that hasn’t been exploited already.

Let me know if you want me to look at anything for you – PM some ideas and i’ll tell you if they can be checked with RSB.

woody<br>

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Great start 5/4 winner puts us in profit to 6.25 + Points:cool:

Ollie ive not run any tests on the system as such, im doing it now on the forum, so i wouldnt advise backing the selections just yet, until it starts to show a decent profit, so far so good thou, but its early days yet.<br>Its a system thats printed in the 1951 racing annual by the sporting chronicle, something i picked up at a car boot sale believe it or not, for £3 cheap at half the price.

Woody<br>Thanks for running it through r.s.b. we will see how it goes, you never no it may start to show some kind of return.

Theres no selections that qualify today at all meeting.<br>Catch you tommorow.<br>Daz.:cheesy: :)

smfmeb
    • Total Posts 2

Daz<br>Had a Play around with your system using the last 5 years flat results on rsb so final output is based upon using the racing post as the selection source.

Results of the reseach  are based on the following variables

winner last time out<br> last ran 1-31 days ago<br>at least one previous run current season<br>forecast favorite<br>forecast price 6/4-7/2<br>best result came from betting in 2yo sellers, 2yo condition races and 3yo+ condition races<br>distance winner and also 2wins or more at course distance and going

The last 5 years result produced 234 selections and 92 winners for a strike rate of 39.32% and a profit of 50.01 points.

Ollie
    • Total Posts 82

Woody,<br>Many thanks of your ofer to test a system on RSB, Ive got no current ideas, but will get back to you if/when i do.<br>smfmeb’s analysis seems very interesting. Any thoughts Daz?   <br>Ollie

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

No selections again today.<br>Daz.:cheesy:

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

No selections today.:cheesy: <br>Daz.:)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

1951 Daz….. bugger me, I was just losing my virginity then, it was about then that I had my first introduction to whores racing, I always put that down to a misprint……. my, how time flies….<br>:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MrE<br>

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Well if where going to retire early with this system, something wants to move soon.<br>Theres no selections again today:cheesy:

Daz.:cheesy: :biggrin:

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

At last we have a couple of bets, and not before time i here you say.

Selections for saturday 24th january 2004.

HAYDOCK.

1.50 Bal de Nuit 5 points win.

3.30 Le Royal 5 points win.

Bank at 6.25 points +

Catch you later.<br>Daz.:cheesy: :)

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Awinner at 2/1 bank now at 11.25 + points.:o

Catch you later.<br>Daz.:cheesy: :)

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

There are no selections for monday 26th jan 2004.:cheesy:

Daz.:cheesy:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.