The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The QM Champion Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The QM Champion Chase

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    • Total Posts 790

11 left in the champion with the most notable absente being Sporazene. River City looks to have good e.w value.

<br>1  /32-12 Ashley Brook (IRE) <br>2  B-U4U1 Dempsey (IRE)<br>3  2-13P2 Justified (IRE) <br>5  -54244 Mister McGoldrick <br>6  11-4F1 Newmill (IRE) <br>7  141111 Nickname (FR)  <br>8  U-9320 Oneway (IRE) <br>9  P1-343 River City (IRE) <br>10  044792 Sybellius D’artaix (FR) <br>11  12-21U Voy Por Ustedes (FR) <br>12  1221/1 Well Chief

<br>

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Ground will surely not be soft enough for Nickname.

Three horse race – Well Chief, Voy Por Ustedes and Newmill.

These three are way above the others just a case of choosing the right one.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Nickname is not good enough and surely will be a non runner? Its a case of how far he wins for Well Chief.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

LOL Danny are you glad the trainer saw sense with Sporazene?

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

The Trainers giving Sporazene a rest before he goes to Aintree and wins the national. :biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

the national award for worst jumpers?

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Cannot have Well Chief on my mind; nor the game Ashleybrook. More bounce here than kickout time  in a Walsall nightclub.

Nickname is not going to like that ground, (on all known form) and Newmill won a forgettable renewal last year.  

VPU is the most solid of the market leaders and is the most likely winner in my book – but is an unremarkable price.

To this end, (and agreeing with Danny above), I have backed River City (win and place) at prices. With every ray of sunshine falling on Prestbury Park, his chance improves.

Fat as a friar at Ascot; a Spring, good ground horse with high class track form and from a yard that exists only for Cheltenham.

(As for Monet’s running in the Ryanair. What an opportunity wasted! Could have won this with pony jockey Rose Davison on top. *grumble*).

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 8:53 pm on Mar. 13, 2007[br]the national award for worst jumpers?

No he’s not going for that the competition is to strong Dempsey is by far a worse jumper than Sporazene, which Dempsey will prove tomorrow.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I hope you’re wrong, GH, but I’m prepared to listen.

What about the bounce factor?

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

You do no Sporazene isn’t running don’t you Grasshopper. and i agree with you Well Chief will win easily with Newmill and River City making up the places.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

I agree Grassy.

If the real WC turns up, he will hose up imo.

I really cannot see why so many people rate this VPU so highly.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Well, I’ll look forward to watching the race tomorrow then, GH.  Should be a good one.:biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I don’t buy this bounce factor at all.

Only thing I am worrying about is how much bottle I can conjur up tomorrow to put on Well Chief.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

There’s a very good chance that Newmill could run better than he did last year and fail to win. If Well Chief is as good as he was, he’ll win comfortably, the winning distance will depend on where Murphy asks him for his effort. Newbury suggested to me that he probably is as good as he was. Wouldn’t be worried about the bounce as I’d imagine he’s had harder races on the gallops.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

"bounce" for me is simply when they are rushed back a little too quickly

Unlikely here…

Not quite sure i can back him at 7/4 (tomorrow is a very tricky day all round) but would love to see him win…would be a massive cheer too

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.