The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Open Meeting 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Open Meeting 2006

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

The open is here after months of boring flat racing!<br>what are people most looking forward to seeing?<br>it would be great to see spotthedifference win again!<br>sure to be a fantastic 3 days, lets hope no more horses are injured.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

As a bookmaker standing at the Open meeting I’m looking foward to paying out on Pipe-trained 15-8 favourites, forecast at 8-1, with form figures of: PPP who win by half the track, just like last year.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from Mounty on 8:05 pm on Nov. 9, 2006[br]As a bookmaker standing at the Open meeting I’m looking foward to paying out on Pipe-trained 15-8 favourites, forecast at 8-1, with form figures of: PPP who win by half the track, just like last year.

You’re a bitter man Andrew!!!!!!!!

GI MAC
    • Total Posts 13

I think you summed it up perfectly Dave, 6 months of boring flat racing and now it’s time for a proper meeting.

I’m hoping Mephisto turns up and back to his best. Not looking foward to the cross-country, have to say I find those races a bit circus like.

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

It looks like the jumpheads are out in force as usual having a go at the flat.

YAWWWN :bore:

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Bring on the Derby trials!

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Best bit about the jumps season is the end of it.

I’m going to be naughty and bring up a race in this section though just to prove I do like (too strong a word but anyway) the jumps season. In the 3:05 at Cheltenham I see there is some early money on Betfair for Plum’Tee. As a sneaky e/w punter I was wondering if someone could tell me more about the horse? Will it be out the back or does it have a legitimate chance on its form, as its official rating certainly doesn’t look flattering?

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Boring flat my arse. Flat in the summer, jumps in the winter that’s me but give me choice and I’d pick the flat any day.

Anyhow back on topic, it will be interesting to see if David Pipe can monopolise this meeting like his dad used to. I was always scared to back anything at this meeting because in the back of my mind no matter what the price or the form figures one of Pipe’s was always likely to spoil the party. Why not back Pipe’s? The one of Pipe’s you back usually ends up being the only one that loses. :angry:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

The best thing about the jumps season is NH Flat and Banded Handicap Camel Races.<br>

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Bloody hard to weigh up to Trackside

The novice hurdle is a fascinating race. Wonder if the fav is worth taking on. Front running at cheltenham is never easy..

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Standin’ Obligation 4/6?  That’s a lay IMO.<br>I’d take it on everytime at those odds, in that race.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Good call Trackside on the fav but K very disappointing

Bit of a mess of a race

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Yeah, what a sickener :(<br>Absolutely tragic when they run their heart out like that.

Happy JackHappy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Buailtes and Fadas dead as well – not a good day for Cheltenham.

I’m not one to get too emotional about horse deaths but War General saddens me a lot – he is a son of one of my favourite ever race-mares Absalom’s Lady making him a half-brother to another current racing favourite, Bob Bob Bobbin. He carried my money today and I though he ran an exceptionally promising race for the future, but sadly we will never find out how good he would have been.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Buailtes and Fadas ran a very game race too.  Not a happy day at Chelters.  Kind of overshadows the day for me.<br>No doubt another welfare debate will ensue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.