The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The ONE horse you are looking forward to seeing

Home Forums Horse Racing The ONE horse you are looking forward to seeing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

We’re almost under starters orders for the 2020 flat season –

Who’s the one horse you are looking forward to seeing?

I’m personally looking forward to William Haggas’s HAMISH. I thought he looked a stayer with a real future last term.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22016

Born with Pride 💯

Member since March 2008
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

Logician.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Logician for me too.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1251

Sorry for being boring, but Pinatubo for me. It’ll be fascinating to see if he can go on to be a genuine great or was just another precocious juvenile.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

Apart from my own pair, a 3-y-old owned by Khalid Abdulla nd trained by Sir Michael Stoute. She won on her only start last season, a valuable maiden at Salisbury. Here’s a link to the race:

https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/horse_racing_replays/243148-bob-mccreery-memorial-ebf-quidhampton-maiden-fillies-stakes-2

And this is the note I made that evening, on a day when the far rail was strongly favoured:

This valuable fillies maiden over 7F has a history of producing a top class winner and I reckon it did so again this year. Although unfancied in the market, the beautifully bred winner Snow Shower looked the part beforehand and moved very well to post. At halfway, her 16/1 SP looked accurate, as she was nearer last than first and racing wide, giving the outside to nobody. But from that point she improved smoothly and despite showing signs of her inexperience (weaving from side to side), she responded for one gentle backhander to lead and draw clear despite hanging across towards the far rail.

There should be plenty of improvement to come and she will get a mile this year and at least 10F next year. She isn’t entered in any of the better races for fillies (Rockfel Stakes, Fillies Mile), so no surprise if that’s the last we see of her until next year. Make no mistake, this a filly with a big future.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 399

It will be interesting to see how Stradivarius gets on dropped in distance in the Coronation Cup.

colosus68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 151

Yes good question on Stradivarius.

He always does just enough when he runs.

Maybe he has improved at home. He is only 6 years old.

Its great for racing. Having won 2.6m pounds in his career he owes them nothing.

I may not partake but I look fwd to see him at 6 dropped in distance this time.

Colosus

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1112

Would love to see Stradivarius over shorter, tho unlikely to have the same speed as his sire, the GOAT

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3584

Same as the last two years. Bless Him to get a good draw in the Royal Hunt Cup and absolutely hose up :yes:

Ghost of Rob VGhost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 734

Brentford Hope

Won effortlessly over 1M 2F on his debut (could’ve easily have doubled the winning distance) and by Camelot, looks sure to be a force at the Derby trip. Richard Hughes was one of my favourite jockeys of recent years and I’m thrilled he’s got, what appears to be, a very decent prospect now he’s a trainer.

https://www.racingtv.com/news/hughes-harbouring-high-hopes-for-brentford

TheKryptonFactorTheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1064

I’m a huge fan of Telecaster, was really taken by his Dante win and just think they tried too much too soon with him by running at Epsom and then the Eclipse. Optimistic about Via De Vega for Andrew Balding too.

adminadmin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 726

Further to apracing’s post – here are the 6 Stoute 2yo runners in 2017 and 2018 to win on debut (turf only) –

Position Horse
    1 Elector
    1 Eqtidaar
    1 Expert Eye
    1 Layaleena
    1 Regal Reality
    1 Sangarius

Not a bad little group so you’d say she is definitely one to watch.

As well as Snow Shower, Soffika (ran twice, winning debut then runner up in Gr3 Sweet Solera Stakes) and Highest Ground (once raced son of Frankel) both also won on their 2yo debut (turf only) for Stoute in 2019.

threenapsthreenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

One I’m looking forward to seeing race is Palace Pier.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

Just to add that Snow Shower is entered for the Listed 10F Pretty Polly Stakes at Newmarket on Sunday, and Ryan Moore is already booked to ride.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.