The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thank You Everyone

Home Forums Lounge Thank You Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8967

Just a quick message to say a big THANK YOU from the team at The Racing Forum to all members, old and new, who’ve helped make it a great year for the site. We really appreciate the way everyone conducts themselves on here and we’re looking forward to continuing to improve the forum as we move forward.

It’s been an interesting year for us, dominated by the major changes we’ve made to the site, both in terms of the graphical interface itself and also the technology which drives it all. Much of the credit for the smooth transition from old to new should go to Charles and Andrew at Thus Ltd, who have joined The Racing Forum to help ensure the forum continues to develop. They’ve been busy working away all year helping ensure that all the techie bits and pieces I don’t understand work and that the site’s advertisers keep coming back, allowing us all to continue having stupid, meaningless arguments about which horse might run faster than another (among other things). They’re also working on the next steps and are about a year ahead of me at the minute. Thanks for your help and hard work guys.

We’d also like to say a huge thank you to the members who help us with the day to day running and moderation of the site. In particular Bob Rolf, Matron, Grasshopper, Dave Jay, Jim JTS, Davidbrady, Johnny B, Happy Jack, Non Vintage and Adrian, all of whom have contributed greatly during the year. (Sorry if I’ve missed anyone).

Finally, of course, many thanks to everyone who posted, or indeed simply stopped by to have a read, during 2007.

So, as we hurtle headlong past Christmas and into 2008, it remains for us to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a great 2008. We sincerely hope to see each one of you back here at the end of next year when we’ll hopefully be looking back on another great year’s racing.

Best wishes,

Cormack15 and The Racing Forum team.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

And thank you gaffer! :D

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

This forum is fantastic.

I have only been a member for a short while but everyone here has been really good, very friendly and welcoming.

The forum has a great feel to it and has great discussions.

The way it is conducted is brilliant.

Thanks a lot.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

can I just say something that I’ve been meaning to say for ages; I’ve only recently learned how to use computers but of all of the websites that I’ve come across on the web this is by far the best laid out one….thanks.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Great site, a credit to everyone involved in the running of it.

Thanks Cormack and everyone else who contributes.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Chris B
    • Total Posts 145

A thank you to you all, I have read the site picking up knowlegde for a good while but have only posted recently, I have mostly posted on the Ricky Hatton forum but have really liked this forum and it’s members lately so merry Christmas and happy new year and I look forward to speaking to you all next year, I’m off to Kempton on boxing day and am looking forward to taking some photos so will get them on here when I can between Christmas and new year..

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

This site is like a breath of fresh air to me. Great place to have a bit of crack and debate with people who actually have a good understanding and knowledge of racing.

Many thanks to the all you guys behind the scenes, fellow members and a special thanks to Arazi for all those wonderful clips he has posted on here.

May it long continue.

Merry Xmas all

Shergargardygargargar
    • Total Posts 14

Nice site , Definatly getting involved more

Blue Brazil
    • Total Posts 90

Great site, with lots of good natured friendly debate :wink:

Even though I’ve not long joined, it has been enjoyable reading everyones opinions on racing issues. It’s amazing how we can all watch the same things, but everyone has varying views, which makes for good debate!

Merry Xmas :D

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I echo all the above sentiments.

A good site and some very healthy debates, which only rarely degenerate into slanging matches, some achievement!!

However you all spend the next few days may they be enjoyable and may 2008 be profitable – unless you happen to be a bookmaker :D

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Have to say it’s a great site and the debates are brill. Thanks for the opputunity!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

Yep, I echo all the sentiments. Most forums I come across are full of idiots, but this one contains intellectual debate about one of my big passions in life.

Thanks to all.

JimF
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

Yes, great site, great forum – long may it continue.

Leemac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

It’s compulsive reading, an essential barometer of what racing fans are thinking, so special thanks to all of the contributors and a very Happy Christmas to everyone in racingforum land

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Couldn’t agree more with all that has been said. Some wonderful people on here, who, at the end of the day will help with almost anything. The lengths some go to in order to help others gives me back my faith in the human race. HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.