The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Teofilos Full Brother

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Teofilos Full Brother

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

Hey Lads,

My Uncle is friends with Jim Bolger and was down in his yard a couple of weeks ago and he was tellin him that he has a full brother to Teofilo and at this stage is looking better then T was this time last year. He reckons this fella might be a better horse so were in for a treat if this is the case!!! Would love to know of any bookies that would give a price for the 08 Derby

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from PaulB on 5:34 pm on Jan. 16, 2007[br] He reckons this fella might be a better horse so were in for a treat if this is the case!!!

Does he? If so he wants his head examined.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

How can he tell it’s better?  It will only just have been broken.

PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

Looking better to the eye!! Its ment to be a better looking horse

(Edited by PaulB at 6:26 pm on Jan. 16, 2007)

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Snaafi dancer? ;)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

I’ll see your Snaafi Dancer and raise you any one of the top 10 yearlings sold at auction in 2005 and their total $172 earnings in 2006 :)

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Ouch, some stat that IS!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I was wondering the same after reading the thread header, and then which sibling was better, Juliette Marney or Julio Mariner? And wasn’t Marwell related to them? I think they were owned by the family of the trainer, Morrison.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

a 3/4 brother to Teofilo couldnt even win an Irish bumper the other day, when was well fancied by the Christy Roche yard.

and someone comes on here trying to back a full brother for the ’08 derby ‘because it looks good’……… Now if anyone on here needs to get rid of an Aston Martin without an engine………… heres ya man

PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

Well what price would you give Stormont???? And what would you do when buying a yearling at the sales LOOK at the horse.

(Edited by PaulB at 8:26 pm on Jan. 16, 2007)

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

You can have a theoretical 500/1 with me.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Quote: from PaulB on 8:22 pm on Jan. 16, 2007[br]Well what price would you give Stormont???? And what would you do when buying a yearling at the sales LOOK at the horse.

(Edited by PaulB at 8:26 pm on Jan. 16, 2007)<br>

Well, first off, im not a bookmaker.

secondly, the key word you said there was yearling…….. yes, as a yearling at the sales you would just look at them…….. but now as an early 2yo you would hope that it has ability as well as looks……… it surely would have done a couple of canters by now. would have been broken last year.

All im saying is that you are considering backing a horse for a race 18months away and you’re just going by the fact you have heard it looked better than Teofilo did at this age.

Madness

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Grimes,

Set Free (by Worden II) bred no less than 3 classic winners.

On Timeform ratings the best was Capt M Lemos’ Julio Mariner (her 75 c by Blakeney) who won the St Leger and was rated 127.

The two fillies were both owned by Mr J.I. Morrison (their breeder) who is presumably related to Hughie Morrison but I don’t know.

Juliette Marny (her 72 f by Blakeney) won the English and Irish Oaks and was rated 123.

Scintillate (her 76 f by Sparkler) won the Oaks and was rated 119.

None of them stayed in training as a 4yo.

PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

Well i love to back horses antepost as it gives me a real interest in the horse for the coming months Stormont and ive had a few decent priced winners in the past. Backed Teofilo early last season for a few of the big races this season after my Uncle told me they reckoned he was a serious looking horse. So that doesnt seem like madness and hopefully his full brother will give us a run for my money.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

What races have you backed him for and at what prices Paul ~ presumably you were on before he saw a racecourse so you must have fabulous value.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.