The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Teofilo retired

Home Forums Horse Racing Teofilo retired

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Shame.

Had a feeling he would never race again.

Thanks for the racing memories and enjoy your retirement.

Mike

ps: Been on holiday for a few weeks if anyone has wondered where I have been lol

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

What a pity. Disappointed but not surprised.
    Where did you hear that news Mikky?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

What a pity. Disappointed but not surprised.
    Where did you hear that news Mikky?

Breaking news on At The Races about 5 minutes ago. I would imagine it will be all over the net within 10 minutes.

Mike

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Great shame but suspected it somehow

Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

do you think he will go to stud?

i think he would make a good sire. He was unbeaten so nobody knows how good he actually was..

hope he has a happy life. :D

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

I would be amazed if he didn’t.

The only issue with early retirements straight to stud (unavoidable in this case, but sometimes done by design) is that it is often unclear whether the horse has any particular genetic problems which may cause weakness in his offspring. This might include things like fragile legs or dodgy wind.

In this case, for example, we have no idea whether Teofilo’s will tend to train on, or tend to be beset by problems as they grow which might keep them off the track…

But he was very good last year…

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I was looking forward to this flat season more than I have done for a good few years. It is a personal dream of mine to be at Doncaster on the day a Triple Crown winner is, er, crowned and I thought that Teofilo just might be the one.
    Oh well, there’s always Rio De La Plata….

Breath Of Fresh Ayr
    • Total Posts 82

Real shame. A star that didn’t get the chance to shine as brightly as he should.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The best of his generation last year without doubt. Though not by much. His form hasn’t really been franked with great authority this year. Hopefully the horse will be remembered and treated historically for what he did do rather than the hype of what he may or may not have done at 3.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

It’s a side of racing that bugs me. The unanswered question.
    The horse brought down 3 out when travelling well. The horse trapped in with no where to go while galloping over all around. I’m a big fan of Teofilo and couldn’t wait for this season. Now we’ll never know how good a 3yo he would have been. Shame.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming. Still it’s a shame we didn’t get to see one of the most talented 2y-os we’ve seen for a while take on the Classics.

perks
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28

The front two in last years epic Dewhurst not seem as 3yo’s leaves an unsatisfied feeling about this season. Sad but that’s flat racing in a nutshell for me.

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 207

Typical flat racing – not having a go at the flat racing lovers but does no one feel that because of the value of a stallion that where in jumpers an injury like this would be " little problem, bit of swimming then back training" the flat horses are far more pampered for a better word. Really like this horse last year and was the 1 animal i was looking forward to this year but alas dissapointment again. Roll on November at Cheltenham get the hardy beasts doing what they were born to do – running – not sha**ing :lol:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Not sure about the accuracy of the last sentence of your post, Rooster! :roll:

Colin

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I think this has been a good flat season despite the two top 2yo colts not racing. Would have been a belter had they been around. The whole season has surprised me, wasn’t expecting such a classy colt as Cockney Rebel, wasn;t expecting the fillies division to be so strong and wasn;t expecting godolphin to actually find a decent horse~!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.