The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Suicide

Home Forums Lounge Suicide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

OK then. No ‘light hearted’ slant on the situation. I think I get why the thread was pulled as I was asking for advice on how to do my nuts. And TRF can’t get a reputation as a suicide advice site. Though a discussion wouldn’t be out of whack.

I can understand the severity of the issue having encountered it on more than one occasion. As a general rule, it isn’t a great idea as many people are able to drag themselves out of the mire. My mother for example attempted to take her own life on more than one occasion whilst I was a teenager. She managed to pull her socks up and now she enjoys the pleasures of watching her kids grow up (albeit with varying degrees of success) and being able to watch the complete sexpot Rafael Nadal hit a green ball across a tennis court.

On the other hand, I have both worked and lived with homeless people who have tried on more than one occasion to top themselves. If I’m brutally honest, I would have said it would be the best thing for them. For a lot of people, life is both a physical and emotional struggle on an immense level. In a world where breaks are hard enough to come by without ‘problems’, it is understandable that certain ‘beyond repair’ people would be better off ‘pulling up’ to use gg parlance.

Life is cheap and after a while, it gets boring which is why we all die in the end. (Opinion)

My personal situation is that I have just gone through the hardest three weeks of my life and I’m not greatly confident it’s going to get easier any time soon. In some of my darker hours, the only thing preventing me from cashing my chips is the knowledge that my Mother would be deeply hurt.

I have decided to give myself a few months to see if I can pull through since if it turns out that I have at least an ounce of character, I should be able to. Though if I’m honest, I can say that I’m not afraid of death. Which may turn out to be a good thing since that attribute might enable me to be a fearless go getter in life eventually. Time will tell.

Anyways, serious thoughts on a real subject would be welcome.

Cheers

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

boilers+rattle=happy days

Get a ******* grip, Kotki.

Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

B b b but my mojo, she still has it :(

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Kotki, put metaphysical pish and teen-angst heart-break to one side for a moment, and GO OUT AND RATTLE SOME BOILERS!!

You will find that all thoughts of sticking yer head in the nearest oven/under the nearest bus will evaporate quite quickly.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Kotkijet, we’ve never spoken, but you might find these points useful.

1) The very fact you are talking about it means you are unlikely to do it which is excellent news. They say suicide is an essentially selfish action whose opposite reaction is only experienced by those close. If you have someone who cares, (your Mother), then well done for keeping this in mind.. You’ll be transferring the burden of pain elsewhere.

2) Find a site on the Net more suited to talking about it. I wouldn’t trust three quarters of a horse racing site with my laundry list. Gambling is a brutal game for brutal people even on the happy-clappy racing fora. I used to know a few suitable sites and if you’re interested, I can find out some addresses and pass them on.

3) Writing about it helps tremendously – it keeps the mental chaos on the outside and the Internet is ideal. Someone will read your stuff. Strangers often have more patience than your friends. And you’ll be surprised at how many people care to listen.

4) When you recover, which you will, you will be unable to look at what you wrote. That’s a benchmark you should be aiming for.

5) You sound like you’re over the worst. That’s good news.

6) If it’s a woman who’s caused all this, then think about it further. You wouldn’t be the first and you won’t be the last. If only blokes could connect like they do, instead of beating the **** out of each other, then incidents like this can be dealt with a lot better. A friend of mine’s just been done for £170,000 – with no kids. No-one saw it coming, not least him. He’s gutted and I’m working with him. I know another fellow who harmed himself after a break up. I saw his ex a week later with a purple cocktail and a beaming smile. They can be psychopathic in their dealings with men and if you’re the sensitive type, you’re just meat and drink for a certain type of woman. Don’t give her the satisfaction of your pain and work through it.

7) Take each day at a time. And remember – time is a great healer, which makes suicide the equivalent of laying off a certain winner way too early..

I’ve some solid experience of this from various angles. Hope you’re ok.

Max

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Sage advice Max.

The internet is littered with boilers just waiting to be rattled.

Good work.

Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

Hey Max

That’s sound advice and it’s appreciated. The fact I’m talking about it probably isn’t as great a thing as you think. I’ve never been one for having pride in myself or my actions and that was the case before I was gloomy. I guess for now it’s a matter of sitting it through.

Thanks a lot for that though.

Hey Hoppy

I wouldn’t usually take the effort of talking to a newbie like you. However, your advice is also quite sage. However, tonight’s best opportunity lies within The Best Inde Night Ever at Manchester’s famous (for being shyte) 42nd Street nightclub. The results could differ from those desired!

Oh yeah, twill be called ‘Operation Find Somebody Better That Justine Fuching Gallagher’ aka OFSBTJFG. Will let yous know how it goes.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Just go for the straggler in the herd, Kotki, and you’re nailed on.

Obviously, I myself only rattle top crumpet (aka Mrs Grass), but given your precarious mental disposition, I think you should stick to boilers for the time being.

Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

*reluctantly chuckles ‘neath pointless breath*

OFSBTJFG has temporarily been shelved with ONTSITH in full effect. If you’re wrong about this then I’ll hold you accountable.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

There you go……………..and to think the feckers withdrew my licence to practice after the……..er………incident.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Go for it……….

The boilers that is.. :D

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

I’m confused, why are we talking about central heating?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

What is central heating?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

A good friend of mine killed himself – I called the ambulance – when I was 20, and I ended up being suicidal myself on and off for much of my 20s following that and "girl trouble".

It was extremely difficult to get through – the toughest thing I’ve ever achieved – but it was worth it. Oh yes, it was worth it.

I’m afraid to say that drink more than boilers helped in my case, but whatever it takes without killing yourself is worth it.

The remark from Maxilon 5: "time is a great healer, which makes suicide the equivalent of laying off a certain winner way too early.." is the best I have come across on the subject and very apposite to this forum. Respect to that man.

All the best, Kotkijet.

Pru

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

the prospects of some inheritances and a tasty lump sum from my pension, the opportunity to be an official miserable old git, all the booze and cheap crack ho’s i want from the age of 60 and gambling without worrying about the future from the age of 65 keep me going – i’m not missing it for anything

you can choose to do what you want in future, you can’t change what has already happened so it’s not worth worrying about in my book

don’t look back or down – look only forward, get drunk and do what GH said and you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about in a few months time, apart from the rashes :o

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.