The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Stayers Hurdle 2021

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17592

Looks wide open again this year, and this race gets more competitive each year, so should be plenty of angles…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/stayers-hurdle/winner

Three at the top of my shortlist just now.

Presenting Percy is interesting at 25’s, and who knows, could Elliot try a different approach with him. He’d be perfect for it, considering his Pertemps win, while Sire Du Berlais, who’s won the last two renewals of that race, will surely be considered for this………though no doubt Elliot will actually be targeting The Pertemps for both of them. Talking of The Pertemps, one of my regulars, The Storyteller, could also be extremely interesting.

I actually like Great White Shark of Mullins, and she’s open to progression. Big leap required, but thought her worth a shout. Stablemate Janidil is another horse I’d consider, and he’s a whopping 66’s. He’s of big interest this season to me, and if I thought for a second he wasn’t going over fences, he’d be high on the list too. He’s one of my big hopes for the season, but very difficult to second guess his target.

The other on my shortlist is McFabulous. Been following him from Day One, I think he’s a smashing horse, and he definitely progressed last year. I think he could be a big player in this.

Shortlist(Edited)
    McFabulous 20’s
    The Storyteller 33’s
    Sire Du Berlais 25’s

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Bobby, McFabulous is an interesting shout! Wouldn’t be against backing myself at some stage.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 384

I think Percy is going to be on the downgrade now , what’s everyone thoughts on Paisley park ?

• Total Posts 17592

Very nice horse Jack, always liked him, and I really do think he’s up to it.

My only concern is his previous run at the course.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Paisley Park would be a tough one to bet with real confidence after the problems of the last time but at 7s I have had a few pops at him because if they can get him back to anyway near his best he’d carry the lot of them.
    The trouble is that rarely happens but by the time Shishkin wins the Arkle I won’t need worry about the rest of the festival.. :rose:

Member since March 2008
    Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 84

I backed Paisley Park this year and the year before, but this year when he got to the turn in about fifth I could see he was in trouble and cashed him out for a £100 profit with bet 365. I am sure I will take a punt on him with bet 365 for the stayer hurdles next year.

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 436

Emitom at 25-1 looks the one who’s over priced at this stage. I think I’d be with him just now.

Also at 33-1, I like Reserve Tank if he went back over hurdles.

• Total Posts 17592

I was really excited about Reserve Tank last year. Definitely interesting if he comes back in good nick and goes over hurdles.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.