The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

St Leger 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion St Leger 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2195

Re Love, AOB said we will see but then said we would have to think about the Arc with her now.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2153

That was my thinking botchy

She wont be a stallion so having a 1m6f win on her CV wont effect anything

It may depend on how good magical and Japan do before the Arc

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

I still like Mogul, although I think that I can forget my Arc Bet for him.

I will try him here at 25-1

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 671

My god aiden has a head stretcher now. Love looks a superstar but do they go for the triple crown. Magical and/or Japan will be going to the king George so tricky one for coolmore. Santiago I’m sure will be Doncaster bound but what to do with serpentine. Looks ideal Leger horse. I’ll leave to them. Really tough choices.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

I will be very surprised if Love ends up running here. I doubt the Fillies Triple Crown is that important to Coolmore. It never had the prestige of the colts version.

They never thought about running Minding here, although unlike her Love would stay on her pedigree.

The Arc has to be the place they go given all the allowances. The problem might be if the ground goes too soft in Paris in October.

It will be fascinating to see which Derby winner they run here or maybe both of them.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Nick Luck asked O’Brien about Love and the St Leger. He did not say no but he was not enthusiastic either. It looks like the Arc.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2568

Got forced into taking dawn rising @20/1 Was hoping for double that but i like him

Dont know if i want him to win the group 3 tomorrow or not

Took a little of the 33/1 for darain prior to his maiden, lah ti dar didnt quite get there but he looks bigger, stronger and more suited to this kind of trip

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

I couldn’t get 33’s but I took 25,s and 20.s. Coral and Ladbroke has restricted my account.Does anybody else have problems with accounts restricted. I took nearly £1K of blacktype last year and this year they restricted my account.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Darain won his second start today at the silly price of 2/13 I hope they will step him up in trip for his next outing.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2153

Hopefully Mike

I had a few quid on him for this at 25s before the off

He looked like a step up in trip would be the making of him

Got a bit done for speed looking in trouble when they quickened but was well on top in the final furlong

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Everyone gets restricted…

Not sure about anyone else but the old aftertiming is hard to take at times lol

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Jack I tried to put £50 with corals and they would only take £20, so I went to ladbrokes and I thought I could get £20 on but they only let me bet £6, Then I took 20’s with bet365. So now I have an odd amount on £46. Just a small bet because the horse might not run.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2568

What aftertiming jack? I put that post on about 33/1 darain about 5 minutes after his maiden race had finished … was hovering over it before/during the race, was me who requested the price for him….

And in fairness to mike and FF, darains still freely available at 20/1… so im not sure thats really aftertiming is it?

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2153

His price on the exchange hadnt changed at all after his second run. Was still 25.5.

If he had halved in price after I wouldnt have said anything

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Ham I am hoping they will step him up to 14f soon to show what he can do over a longer distance. Last time out Osin Murphy treated him like a baby. Last year I backed Logician at 12/1 my only regret is I didn’t see him sooner. Gosden said they will keep him at 12f for now, but I am hoping they will go 14f. I believe this is a very good horse. On Santiago running today I would back him if you gave me the money.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.