The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Spirit Son

Home Forums Horse Racing Spirit Son

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

Cheers for the info, Nicky. :roll:

Will Betfair be investigating accounts…

thought not

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Anyone who thinks Betfair is not a haven for "Insider Trading" is a fool. The lack of proper regulation is bound to lure the less scrupulous members of society as a means of making a dishonest living.

freeradical
    • Total Posts 336

Maybe missing something here, but Nicky Henderson complains about the exchanges, but I assume that the only people who knew about the problem before today were either his employees or the owners. Therefore, the effects on the exchanges must have come from one of these sources.

Hardly the first example of such an occurrence of the latter, but the haven’t heard such complaints from the trainer before.

Will be happy to stand corrected and hear another explanation of what could have happened.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Anyone who thinks Betfair is not a haven for "Insider Trading" is a fool. The lack of proper regulation is bound to lure the less scrupulous members of society as a means of making a dishonest living.

I came very close to start a thread today titled ‘Insider Trading’, because that’s exactly what it is. Nicky Henderson is a criminal in my honest opinion. A total crook.

This does however go for most other trainers to be fair, but Henderson takes the p!ss more often than others.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8188

I thought I read somewhere yesterday [?] that the owner said the horse wasn’t going to run in Ireland, but that there wasn’t a problem? Perhaps on TRP when I was just scanning the headlines.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

There’s never a problem until they drift Mo.

Isn’t it ironic that the BHA can give Andrew Thornton and Daryl Jacob 10 days between them for two 110 per cent efforts today, but they probably wont even look at the accounts of the Spirit Son layers.

He has some hold over them that Nicky.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8188

I was only thinking today of all the time off Andrew Thornton has had with injuries; I remember seeing him on a racecourse that time when he had his arm in a sling and he had to keep moving his hand to help the circulation [or something]. Used to wonder why, as he was getting older, he kept battling against these injuries. Bet he wonders why himself, today.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Not sure why Henderson is getting upset about the exchanges. They have only become a factor because of the delay in Henderson releasing any information. The leaks are obviously from his own yard.

As I said on the other thread from the start of the season I have always been in the sceptical camp about this horse seeing a racecourse. According to Henderson the horse had a three-week setback – is that really justification for not appearing for what would have been four months?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.