Sleeping Giants.?

Home Forums Lounge Sleeping Giants.?

This topic contains 209 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 210 total)
  • Author

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1132

Drone

I follow amny political commemtators on Twitter but avoid Jones at all costs. However he is high profile and comes across as deeply unpleasant as his tv appearamces. Hes pretty vacuous too without an original thought in his head and as with all the hard left, has a genuine problem understanding anything financial/economic. Witness his embarassing destruction on Tax by Andrew neil

Also noticable is that other commentators, from all wings of the specturm, completely shun him online. Thats not usual in that sphere

A mysoginst too

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20628

I wonder if our ginger has caught equine flu
    :-(

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4562

Don’t know about GInger ending up with Equine ‘flu but the bugger (or something similar) has got me – sorry for the delay in coming back I, unfortunately, ended up discovering how good the NHS is first hand as a patient last Tuesday night – I’m sure some will be disappointed to hear they did a bloody good job and I’m still here, not necessarily kicking but certainly still alive.

I more or less walked away from racing completely on 17th November 2013 – appropriately at Fontwell, where it all began some 40 years earlier.

It may have been having too much of a good thing or, more likely getting too close to it and not really liking what I saw ….. whilst there are some genuinely lovely people in the sport I found there were more assholes and I just wasn’t enjoying it and there were more things I din’t like than I liked – the trouble is – as many of you know – I’m not one for keeping my gob shut and I pi$$ed off too many people. Certainly some of my articles criticising Sheik Mo hit a few raw nerves.

Not one for doing nothing I started making use of my what was then my basic first aid training, increased my training – ironically covering Ascot for almost two years as well as covering a couple of grand Nationals – I was at the Canal Turn in 2015 when Balthazar King had his horrible fall – horrible to watch up close – I was the first one to Richard Johnson and knew he was OK when he told me to eff off.

I’ve taken my medical training further so I now work as front line ambulance crew – I’m supposed to be “part time” but ended up working six consecutive 12 hour plus shifts last week – which probably explains why ended up as the patient myself last Tuesday. So I really am going to cut back to part time now.

I still do pop into the forum occasionally just to see who’s around and it’s good to see some familiar names still posting.

I cannot remember the last time I watched racing on TV but I really do not miss it. ‘ll have an occasional bet on golf or rugby – the only sport I do watch on TV nowadays.

After managing the crowd medical provision for the three Rugby World Cup games in Milton Keynes in 2015 I did look at volunteering to help out in Japan this year but found out you need conversational Japanese as a prerequisite and I decide hari-kai, samurai, sushi, sayonara, sake, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Kung-Fu wasn’t quite enough knowledge of the language.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2624

Just as Ginger has poked his unwelcome nose into the steward’s private tea room to question why his nailed on, rusted in the run in, similarly you Paul, have grated a large cheese over the bowers and scrapers rife in the the twisted undercover world of turf subterfuge.

You reminded me of Phillip Pullman having to come up with his own rhetoric in his chat with a deficient Mary Beard the other night. You unlike him did not spoil your pitch by crassly giving away the ending of Nania or putting Chrisopher Robin to death as Sheik Mo still has his readers on.

I enjoyed your personal exposition of truths and opinion, as much, if not more, than the titled green-leafed Oxford resident’s darker material.

I trust you wash your hands thoroughly after turning your key and removing your hat and coat om your return from your late shift – before that is, slumping in your armchair and reminiscing on your past life of noble crime avoidance.

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases but hands unwashed can start that cough !!! :negative:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2624

The flies in here don’t fly they wont cry and they wont lie, but they do love half an inch of mire. It’s a wonder to see them move at all, but they were visibly moved as their eyes feasted, almost on stalks, on the partly exposed, excoriated, pumped up underbelly of racing laid bare in the BEAST’S big O career bible of truth. It is very rare to get a posting that spans forty five years exposing weak nuts, bolts and even @rses, with the remaining fire and venom of Tom Cobbley water cannoning the bloated dark corners of the Emirates from a safe retiring distance, whilst simultaneously, flashing the blue lights of an ambulance, and waving a red hanky, down a little known cul de sac in Deadsville, in the district of Een, known as the lounge.

We are both anomalous outsiders, yesterdays people Paul, as we sit at a distance on the famous hill munching what’s left of a bone, while the main party, and some are bored, just throw their hats and queue at the hog roast talking distances with laughs and sneers as some sip beers or Dom and work out their fractions and come to a sum.

The big O post – read rather than red – rounded, sharp, certainly not circular, was the winning one, slip anchoring their field by a large distance, and will remain here indellibly etched in the Een and as the good book says – will last longer than a gypsy’s curse or ten­ thousand joined up flies lives.

And say so all the flies
    to the fella with the very good bellow
    Good luck saving lives :rose:
    and come back before were yellowed

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2624

They say Death rides on a pale horse and I happened by on Deadwood late last night snatching an acute sleepy eyed sideways view of the Acopalypse, down the bang on flesh bustin barrel of Clink’s Remington 1858 – the long colt 45 that clean shaved ‘n’ holed the mean right outta of the Een and left it on its knees and more or less fly dead.

Like in Deadwood this fly ridden Deasdsville is black and white evil and Snack is the man whose star cleaned up the foul mouthed gangstas and fiddlers in here – minus the damned over copulating flies.

Had Clinck had an ounce more brain than bullit and managed to keep his women in house, he just mightta high tailed his hide worn @rse into the bullshittin beggarmeneighbour lawmaking corridors of the sharp shootin Big House. He coulda then called all the shots – imposed his new scarethefly uniform; black leather coats – big lapels – a shiny black boot on every corner that answered to the name of Jack that click clicked with venom as you scurried by to beat the curfew. Internet off aired completely and anyone that moved the streets after nightcall – 11 pm not a second after – slept in a box. Spit !

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20628

gamble
    the goat, Mr .P
    Is loving your posts
    I think he creamed his pants over a few posts of yours
    I’m currently giving him a game of dot to dot on the horseytalking forum

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2624

I take your Ward 7 pitch with a pinch of salt Nathan. The untethered goat certainly seems at ease with himself, and enjoying a few tufts here and there, and yes, some hard talkers of his ilk, have ended up there, or like you lead a slightly softer double life. Merlin the gas man was over here pulling jokes out of a hat at one time, so it has not all been one way.

There was a darker detached side to the lemon chapter, yes, the airborne flying biscuit — it was much more than puff

As for joining the dots – can be troublesome at times – and that is what I did in my last logged in log cabin in space, and I soon found myself a disposesesd victim, unceromoniosly chucked out on tbe street, clutching a few clothes and a hand full of my investigations into tbe darker side of financial life.

There is little appetite for the history in here – you, Drone and a few lurking reprobates, but most are content to just enjoy the sun and the occasional, far more recent, fly news….

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1132

What the fck are you on about

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2624

The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
    Home
    Forum
    Articles
    Messaging
    Register
    Login
    Search
    Septated cystic hygroma

Home › Forums › Lounge › Septated cystic hygroma
    This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bachelors Hall 4 years, 8 months ago.
    Viewing 12 posts – 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Author

Bachelors Hall

Participant
    Total Posts 1224
    My niece/nephew/it has it.
    My first niece/nephew is essentially a ***** abortion in waiting.
    I’m not necessarily here for advice or comfort. I just wanted to vent to the few smartarses I’m vaguely familiar with. I’ve spent the day being the solid rock for my mother. Now I just want to show off my magical ability to bypass the swear monitor.
    Edited
    May 21, 2014 at 19:03

Bachelors Hall

Participant
    Total Posts 1224
    *I mean smartarse in the nicest possible way…
    Neither my family nor friends are especially bright (save for one or two here and there) and my gf is a nihilistic sociopath (which is ideal for me).
    When I say smartarse in this context, it is meant in a wholly matter-of-fact manner rather than in any derogatory sense. Indeed, it could feasibly be received as a compliment.
    May 21, 2014 at 21:28

Burroughhill

Participant
    Total Posts 1735
    Vent all you wish my dear BH. You have to do it somewhere. So sorry for you and your family.
    May 21, 2014 at 22:09

moehat

Participant
    Total Posts 7707
    I’d never heard of this until I googled it. It did say that soemtimes it can resolve itself. I do hope this is the case with your niece/nephew. Curse away; you need to if you’re having to be strong for your mum

May 21, 2014 at 22:23

thehorsesmouth

Participant
    Total Posts 5534
    As the above poster has said, vent as much as you can. It’s good that you’re there for your mother, and you need somewhere to vent your own feelings too, whether that be forum, wall or pillow.
    Like Moe, I’d never heard of the condition so had to google it. I really hope your niece/nephew’s condition improves, and hope you and your family find the strength to help each other through this.
    May 21, 2014 at 22:37

Bachelors Hall

Participant
    Total Posts 1224
    Vent all you wish my dear BH. You have to do it somewhere. So sorry for you and your family.
    Thank you. Despite what I said in OP, I genuinely appreciate it. I have found some emotional solace in listening to SOAD’s Dam…
    I’d never heard of this until I googled it. It did say that soemtimes it can resolve itself. I do hope this is the case with your niece/nephew. Curse away; you need to if you’re having to be strong for your mum

Mum’s gutted. She lost a pair of twins a couple of years after I was born. Yet she said she felt sadder for this because first, she has to grieve for herself and then, she has to grieve for her son before grieving for the poor foetus. The condition is benign in and of itself but when it becomes septated then it’s essentially a death knell. Nothing can be done before the birth anyway and that’s if it goes that far. So between now and whenever, it’s up to my brother and his missus.
    Thank you for the time you took to post to me. It hasn’t gone amiss.
    [deleted – DC]
    Like Moe, I’d never heard of the condition so had to google it. I really hope your niece/nephew’s condition improves, and hope you and your family find the strength to help each other through this.
    I can’t really elaborate on what I said to Moehat. Nevertheless, I genuinely appreciate the time you took to post on this thread. I’ve already accepted it for what is most likely but we are all blessed enough to have each other to carry us through and be there for ventures new.
    May 21, 2014 at 23:02

Bachelors Hall

Participant
    Total Posts 1224
    Thanks THM but I’ve got this.
    I’ve sent him a PM so any fishing on his part is purely for his own benefit.
    I want to call him irrelevant but his probing for attention is, inadvertently, part of the process… bless him.
    May 22, 2014 at 10:10

Nathan Hughes

Participant
    Total Posts 20104
    Sorry to read of your news BH.
    Keep strong fella.
    Don’t Eat The Pie and Don’t Buy The S*n
    May 23, 2014 at 16:45

Bachelors Hall

Participant
    Total Posts 1224
    Cheers mate
    May 27, 2014 at 18:10

ricky lake

Participant
    Total Posts 2413
    Keep smiling and snarl all you want Bh , its a ****** for sure
    as for Pilsen dont worry , he#s ok really , just likes to be the biggest bollocks in the world (plural ) at times …..
    as for coonting …..Im leaving that until saddo Gamble appears again
    If he ever does !!!
    May 29, 2014 at 11:19

Triptych

Participant
    Total Posts 7665
    So sorry to hear your news BH.
    Sometimes you can feel that you’re living in a bubble and the rest of the world is just carrying on as normal on the outside, it takes time to get yourself back to a point where you can find your way through the haze, but it will come.
    It also takes a bit of courage to post a thread on here that not many of us have heard of or understand and vent your anger, but I would applaud that and say hit it anyway you can and call it all the names until you have it where you feel you can control it.
    I wish you and your family all the strength in the world.
    Jac
    Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out…
    June 7, 2014 at 01:15

Bachelors Hall

Participant
    Total Posts 1224
    I am quite loathe to bump this but kudos is owed
    Razeen
    I’m sorry that your post was deleted as, judging by the immediate deletion, it was unequivocally edgy and entertaining…
    Please feel free to PM me with what you said.
    Ricky
    Thank you. I’ve long passed the “kicking the cat” phase and am now solidly in the routine of getting on with business as usual.
    And I’m in no doubt that Mr Pilson is a right puppy IRL
    So sorry to hear your news BH.
    Sometimes you can feel that you’re living in a bubble and the rest of the world is just carrying on as normal on the outside, it takes time to get yourself back to a point where you can find your way through the haze, but it will come.
    It also takes a bit of courage to post a thread on here that not many of us have heard of or understand and vent your anger, but I would applaud that and say hit it anyway you can and call it all the names until you have it where you feel you can control it.
    I wish you and your family all the strength in the world.
    Jac
    All I can really say is thank you for your concern and words.
    Life, being life, will inevitably throw challenges one’s way no matter where or who you are. When I was younger, I used to subscribe to the philosophy of “You have to nut life square in the face before it does onto you”. But I guess my testosterone has been tempered by experience and now I figure that “life” is ultimately ambivalent.
    Obsessing with French Juvenile hurdlers has been one of the many mechanisms I’ve used to help dent the anguish and allow me to be more capable of supporting myself and my family through this time.
    In a few hours time, I will be in Northumberland on a rainy June afternoon watching astonishingly beautiful creatures being casually exploited for my own amusement. And that will go a long way to reminding me that life can also be exceptionally wonderful.
    Author
    Viewing 12 posts – 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search

TheRacingForumFollow

TheRacingForum5h
    That man Charlie McCann of @BetVictorRacing with a rundown of the day’s best bets on TRF https://t.co/JkqWTTkGYu
    Reply on Twitter
    Retweet on Twitter

Like on Twitter

Twitter

TheRacingForum18 Feb
    Charlie McCann of @BetVictorRacing with the best of Monday’s bets on TRF https://t.co/nclNtiEHCB
    Reply on Twitter
    Retweet on Twitter

Like on Twitter

Twitter
    Retweet on TwitterTheRacingForum Retweeted

Lee Mottershead16 Feb
    That Winx has now posted 30 consecutive victories is astonishing – what is every bit as astonishing is she keeps coming back for more after each break, her enthusiasm still in no way diminished. Wonderful to see. https://t.co/nRVfaIamUy
    Reply on Twitter
    Retweet on Twitter
    Like on Twitter
    Twitter
    Load More…
    Recent Forum Replies
    homersimpson on Ascot Chase
    botchy1 on Botchy’s Bank Buster 4 ” The Double Rollover ”
    clivexx on Sleeping Giants.?
    Recent Topics
    Best Odds Guarenteed by chestnut
    Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle 2019 by KevMcAlley
    Cyrname – highest rated jumps horse by Jasolong
    Features
    Charlie McCann of BetVictor.com with Tuesday’s best bets
    Charlie McCann of BetVictor.com with Monday’s best bets
    Cheltenham Festival Betting Advice – How To Bet The Cheltenham Festival
    Charlie McCann of BetVictor.com with Friday’s best bets
    Charlie McCann of BetVictor.com with Thursday’s best bets
    UserOnline
    280 Users Online
    Users: Funkmaster Flex, jackh1092, Vautour, homersimpson, nwalton, clivexx, TheBluesBrother, KevMcAlley, westender69, TheKryptonFactor, Gingertipster, steeplechasing, LD73, Venture to Cognac, chestnut, BigG, peejayuk, 123 Guests, 140 Bots
    Forum Statistics
    Registered Users
    Forums
    Topics
    Replies
    Topic Tags
    Forum Login
    Username:
    Password:
    Remember Me
    This might clear the confusion….

Register
    Lost Password…enough times
    About Us :unsure:
    theracingforum.co.uk has been a home to passionate debate and intelligent discussion :whistle: for horse racing enthusiasts :wacko: since the year 2000. We are a passionate :heart: community of over 55,000 :yes: horse racing fans :wacko: , commentators and industry professionals :mail: . The loyalty and effort of our members B-) make the Racing Forum the friendliest :-( and most informative horse racing community.
    © 2019 The Racing Forum – All rights reserved ;-)