Sleeping Giants.?

Home Forums Lounge Sleeping Giants.?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21080

I was trying to post up a photo in the above post
    of myself and the master that is Richard Hannon Senior
    Not sure if it’s the forum or my photos that is the problem but I couldn’t get it up… :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

Which of those two…
    It was Bill
    it was Bill

• Total Posts 21080

Not Bill
    he just likes wearing his wifes blouses and lipstick but that is just a hobby and not one of life choices or being trapped in the wrong body. Our Billyboy would still be classified as a straight, white Caucasian.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

No this Bill never changes his underwear and wears pots. His girlfriend is into sunbathing and nudism and has a face like a frying pan – quite pretty though.

• Total Posts 21080

Ben’s mate
    My mate had Drone round for lunch once
    they share a love of wisden

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

The sacred space of an almanac…. :good:

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5010

A yellow-jacketed, bacon-and-egg tied devotee of the noble game and fellow scholar of magnified five-point Times New Roman means, modes, medians but who was rather disappointingly known by the surname of a Spanish player of the ugly game who lives neither north or south of Watford

A hughes loss to the forum :unsure:

Albert Trott took four wickets in four balls for Middlesex v Somerset in 1907 and later in the same innings took a hat-trick

Mummerset were easy meat until the arrival of Close, Richards, Botham, Garner et al in the 1970’s and the rather unsung Jimmy Cook was at least their equal. Good, good cricketing times you’ve had Nathaniel

• Total Posts 21080

Unfortunately I missed the Botham, Richards and Garner as I was too young to know what cricket was
    all I got to experience was the noise and a very quick peak through the fence on the way home from sunday school.
    The only good thing about sunday school was my brother could answer all the religious questions and got rewarded with sweets.
    Jimmy Cook was my first cricketing hero, the only problem with the team he was in was that the rest of them were pretty much crap. Cook and Roebuck would weigh in with a 150 run opening partnership but the team would be all out not long after.
    A Hughes loss to the forum, I’d say so
    although I once had him foaming at the mouth with my “Pro County and Anti Test” thoughts
    which I still hold
    Don’t tell him next time you visit for afternoon tea and biscuits..

• Total Posts 21080

Is there any point having a total posts assigned to a poster
    they are dropping like flies… :wacko: :wacko:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

Cricket is a country game,
    like dots of sheep grazing on a far off hill, but rather uniform cucumber sandwiches on a china plate and teaspoons around a village green and down the lane.

Bats bales and butter and chewing the cud and cups of tea and the village clock an hour behind and some second hand laughter.

Forums can be places of tranquility and quiet reflection….

As they chatter away in tbe clubhouse the clever ones are stretched out on the green steeped in the stupor of sounds of silence, bar the odd friendly buzz, their eyes peeling the fading rays of the s*n. Grace and heat inside, bliss and warmth outside, and on a traditional old lazy, roast and slippers, Sunday with a pair of bored wellies waiting at the bus stop but more usually, like Bill and Ben hearing footsteps coming down the garden path, like frozen sentries, by the front door.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

Should be a committee on that one Nathan. Do you ever think to take a break and go down river ?

Remember, it was Razeen that established the rule, that if asked a question, just refuse to answer it. He also used to go off for three or four days at a time, sometimes weeks.

Interesting look back Drone on three days in the sun. I was always off at silly point but loved the slowness and sound of a cracking leather ball.

Mac said the lounge is not everyone’s cup of tea. Thank God for small mercies – the tranquility and slow moving pages are much appreciated.

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5010

Have some old, noisy bluebottles been swatted Nathan, do tell

Cormack’s recent decision to encase his bunker with fly-paper will prevent the babbity-bumble of troublesome former correspondents from gaining surreptitious re-entry through the cracked skylights, more’s the pity

You can check out but you can never leave

• Total Posts 21080

The posters are all well and safely tucked (fly papered) away for the day, as far as I know
    The strange thing that is happening is to the total posts by a user under their name, I thought they went up after a post but they were going down the other day.. :scratch:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

Had you accounted for the fact that at least one of your posts in here was removed and this may have been the reason your total count dropped ?

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

Total posts is a static number and like the flies in here do not move up or down. All part of the strange.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.