The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sir Clement Freud

Home Forums Horse Racing Sir Clement Freud

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

This mans writing is a joy to behold.

I wish I could write like what he can do.

He survived an attempted mugging at the tote kiosk, a warm Guinness at the bar.

Does he judge them, does he bollocks. He lets the facts speak for themselves

"As I was hungry, I found a sweet stall, bought a Mint Aero. It was Impeccable.

True Class, he could have rammed it all down their throat and annihilated the place.

It must be nice when you recognise that someones work is not upto your own high standards to be able to take stock and overcome the temptation (if at all present) to go Na…na… na ……..nana.

No wonder he’s a SIR.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

He may be a dab hand at flogging dog food, but when it comes to tipping winners, he’s hopeless.

I like his writing though. Very dry and witty.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I love his writing, I love his appearances on Just A Minute, and as a fellow LibDemmer I love his politics also.

Do us a favour, Sir Clement, and live forever.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3494

My sister was subjected to
    the Clement Freud flirt
    It was a sunny day
    and it was Epsom.
    She failed to divulge
    which eye launched the first attack

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

A genius who deserves the description.

Seconded.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3494

Thirdeyed !

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Now here’s a proposition – Sir Clement Freud, Stuart Hall, Stephen Fry and Gamble all as guests at the same dinner table. I don’t think I’d stop beaming all night!

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Now here’s a proposition – Sir Clement Freud, Stuart Hall, Stephen Fry and Gamble all as guests at the same dinner table. I don’t think I’d stop beaming all night!

gc

Not sure about Stuart Hall but maybe Sir Mark Prescott or Ginger McCain would be interesting dinner table guests

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I’d quickly tire of the chauvinism and boorishness of the latter, Neil, and I don’t think whatever other qualities the former posseses would outweigh our considerable ideological differences.

Nah, I’m happy with my choices!

gc

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3494

I am glad you included Stuart Hall :)
    I myself have a rather large grandfather
    and I have heard he is very much into clocks

hmm
    It would be a grand place
    and each sittng next to a column
    with a duck on the table

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

have a problem with Ginger McCain myself and wish they would stop bringing him out on Grand National day – don’t find his chauvinistic ramblings funny at all…however, his son seems lke a sound bloke…

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Have to agree Moe. Poor old Ginger wouldn’t want me as his wife that’s for sure. :x

As for Clement Freud, the joke he told in yesterdays RP about the 2 nuns -Sister Mathematical and Sister Logical….lol!!!!!!!!!!….oh this cracked me up….I absolutely loved it. Hope you all did too :D. I had never heard that one before.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

gc

Not sure about Stuart Hall but maybe Sir Mark Prescott or Ginger McCain would be interesting dinner table guests

Ginger McCain interesting? :lol: :cry: :wink: :roll: :oops: 8) :( :) :?

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3494

I knew of someone who
    had occasion to
    overnight at Mcain’s.
    He does pour very generous doubles

scallywag76
    • Total Posts 280

Given a privileged lifestyle that hasn’t been overburdened with too many days spent engaged in hard, honest, decent work, he probably stands a better chance than you!

Sir Clement Freud, Stuart Hall, Stephen Fry and Gamble all as guests at the same dinner table. I don’t think I’d stop beaming all night!

As you’d be unlikely to have many chances to contribute to the conversation, considering the capacity of that particular combination to evacuate verbal diarrhoea, I can only think that your beaming visage would be the result of a pair of decent earplugs or some suitable blend of chemicals designed to assuage the aural pain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.