Should Drawbias website be closed down?

Home Forums Horse Racing Should Drawbias website be closed down?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LostSoldier3 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 680

The website is an absolute disgrace imo and I believe it should be shut down. It is clearly operating to confuse punters with the wrong info in order to help the bookmaking industry bigger profits.

It comes top of the Google searches for course descriptions and draw biases.

Here are a few of my favourites from this too bad to be true website:

Newcastle is the only All Weather racecourse in the country which has a straight mile. Together with its width this very much means that it is a galloping track. The surface is Tapeta, which is the same as the Chelmsford and Wolverhampton surfaces. 

There was silly old me thinking Chelmsford was polytrack. :wacko:

Plumpton Course Summary Galloping right handed track with an easy finish.
    :negative:

It always thought plumpton was left handed and had an uphill finish. :scratch:

This website should not even be allowed imo, there should be a watchdog who has the power to close down websites who are giving out it false information like this.

It’s the equivalent on some levels as the NHS website offering advice for people with lung cancer to start smoking 20 cigarettes a day. Its outrageous.

Maybe some may say that’s a poor comparison bringing in something that kills people but I would remind everybody that there are punters who commit suicide every single year due to gambling problems and losing too much money and seeing no other way out. Of course it could be argued that people shouldn’t gamble more than they can afford to lose but people are people and will make mistakes. At least put the proper info out there.

This website really is a disgrace and should be closed down with immediate effect.

Am I being too over the top here or is my point valid?

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Either close it down, update it or do something with it – I agree! The site is five years out of date on its data even before you get to all those factual errors.

I wonder how they’re still the top result on Google for many draw bias-related queries. I’m no SEO maven but I do know that regular updates are quite important for your rankings. Again I’m no great fan of the individuals behind the rival sites for draw info (gg.co.uk & FlatStats) but at least they’re current! Get ’em up top.

help fight the decline of The Racing Forum - send personal message for details

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

I stopped using it some time ago Potato, and I agree with LS3 that they should either
    pull the plug or get the finger out and breath some life back into this decaying site.

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 680

I can only assume that the site is connected to the bookmaking industry and it is purposefully giving false info.

I dont believe it is possible to manage to get a website to the top of google searches for years and years yet be that stupid with the content.

Surely this is not accidental.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

Nothing to do with us, potato, although a fully-funded team of SEO manipulators pushing Drawbias dot com, Tommo’s tipline and The Racing Blogger towards the top of the search results would be a cracking idea if times turn lean. ;-)

I’d guess the reality is that the rival sites are fairly low-tech (GG looks like something out of 1998 even now) and they’ve probably got a poor understanding of SEO. Even ATR’s course guide pages are quite badly out of date (some last updated pre-2010) and those rankings might have been static for a while.

Potentially a good opening for somebody to make a new draw-themed site for a bit of affiliate income though…

help fight the decline of The Racing Forum - send personal message for details

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.