The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Savills Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Savills Chase 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6152

DELTA WORK 5/1

Fine record at track and as we know always need 1st run back and much better be coming from him on 2and start

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3629

Two good points Darren. Agree he’ll likely come on a lot. He likes decent ground doesn’t he? Though it usually is at Leopardstown so probably not too much of a concern betting this far in advance.

Also, if Henderson starts crying that the ground is too good, too soft or too yielding, or that there will be actual G1 horses in opposition, Champ will be pulled out and that’ll be one less to beat.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

Can see the view Dazzler, i didn’t think there was much value in the race at all, espcecially with the possibility of Hendo sending 1 over.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17198

Delta Work for me too at this stage, 5’s looks very fair.

Not went in yet, I’d love to see 6’s, but 5’s still nice.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2557

Was hoping to get a better price this far out on minella indo

Very stingy price

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6152

Bob the nice folks at ladbrokes go 6/1 so place bet there also gave me a price boost online so on him at 13/2

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

Delta Work for me as well. I think that it’s between him and Minella Indo, but Delta Work looks the value to me.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 341

I would favour Minella Indo here, but I’m going to take a chance on Acapella Bourgeois at 50-1 ew.

I can’t sit here and say he’ll win, but I can see him getting competitive.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17198

Acapella an interesting shout Autumnal, always had a soft spot for him.

Finally crumbled with Delta Work

Delta Work 6’s

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

It doesn’t look like Champ is running here now.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 675

According to Henderson, Champ is schooling brilliantly but is not ready to run. What a surprise! I never believed he was going to send the horse there for his first run.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2557

Yeah nicky just isn’t that adventurous

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 396

Henderson has to be on a wind up surely. Fit, well, healthy, course will suit, trip will suit, ground fine…….no not fair on the horse, this Grade 1 race is the wrong grade for this Grade 1 winner! Whats going on? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2947

No Champ + Joey speaking of Fakir D’Oudairies stepping up to 3 miles….50/1 seems a fair price.

There’s no doubt he has to step up in a lot of ways to be competitive. I’ve never had a doubt about him being a stayer and he has stayed 2m4 on heavy already in his career. My worry would be is he actually anywhere near good enough. 50/1 seems fair to find out though.
    He’s always been said to stay well, and he’s always run his best when the race has been a test of stamina.

Depending on which side of the fence you sit on, he might have had Samcro beat at Fairyhouse. Samcro obviously had to concede 8pds that day, but it could be argued Fakir has proven he’s progressed enough by running close at Chelt when making an error late on. 16/1 vs 50/1. The same can be said about Melon, he was beaten too giving 8pds.

If i am right with my judgement i think Fakir has more improvement by stepping up in trip than Melon especially.

His current mark of 160 doesn’t leave him with tonnes to find on the main challengers here, for all i would be lying if i said i thought he was a 170 horse.

I really like Minella Indo, but at the price i have to say he has to still prove himself. Kemboy hasn’t run the same in over a year, was Percy taking advantage of fitness LTO? Delta Work arguably the most solid of them all from the top of the market IMO. 6-1 not the worst with Champ dodging.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2551

I’d be surprised if Fakir D’Oudairies stays 3 miles well enough in this league, if at all.

Minella Indo or Delta Work I can see winning, so done Delta Work 5-1 ew.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.