The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Ryanair 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1255

Hoiles is a great judge. Wholly agree with him aswell regarding Allaho, he’s Monalee 2.0, a tripless beast at the top level.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Allaho hasnt been ridden right so far this season imo. Being up there bowling along in this would be better, like he was doing last season. Mullins has 3 who like to be up there so he will have a plan.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Hes not travelled with his usual enthusiasm which is worrying

Id say melon ran a very very good trial for this in the savills chase

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4123

Just took some 70.0 on the exchanges for A Plus Tard.

Not too sure 3 mile 2 Furlong around Cheltenham is a given for such a young horse ATM especially if it is testing. If he wins the Irish Gold Cup well and goes that route fair enough.

KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1255

He’s going straight to the GC isn’t he Botchy?

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

I’ve made a complete mess of this race, betting Real Steel and Riders On The Storm, and neither of them look like great bets now.

I’m just going to go with Min now at 6-1. I should just have went with him from the start.

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 872

FYI Botchy

“A Plus Tard was very impressive. It was obviously a step into the unknown, but it has opened up so many more options and one is clearly the Gold Cup,” said Chris Richardson, managing director of owners Cheveley Park Stud.

“He likes to run left-handed and he likes to run fresh and we’re very fortunate to have a selection of special horses.

“He was eyecatching in that performance. It was a bit of a punt to see if he stayed, but occasionally you have got to roll the dice and it worked out a treat. He’s very exciting and a serious star in his own right.

“I don’t think he’ll run at the Dublin Racing Festival, I think he’ll go straight to Cheltenham for the Gold Cup, as he runs so well fresh. So I think we’ll just go there.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4123

Cheers Charlie, i must of missed that. A right sledgehammer blow that one. ;-)

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Allaho runs again on Sunday

He needs to win and win well to get his ryanair hopes back on track

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

W Mullins talks about ‘going back in trip’ and ‘changing tactics’ in his preview. So expect him to do what he should be doing. Bowling along.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

I’ve still to get the hype for this horse , he hardly ever wins , he,s a lay not a play

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 751

Ruby Walsh put Allaho up each way for the Ryanair on the Road to Cheltenham on RTV. Very surprised given his attachment to Min.

Agree with HDLG. He is one of those horses who just never seems to convince and I cannot see him out battling anything up the hill.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16444

I’m a big Dashel Drasher fan, but even I’ve been surprised with him today. Excellent performance, and no surprise to see him cut for this.

I’ll consider him later, but I can’t really justify any more in this. I’ve only got four, what I would consider, decent sized Anteposts for Cheltenham this year, and unfortunately one of them was Frodon here.

I’ve one last chance to tidy it up, and that’s from Annamix tomorrow. I’d love him to win at Thurles tomorrow, as I’d surely be able to green out then. Seems unlikely though, as I can’t see him winning tomorrow at all. He just doesn’t seem good enough.

Happy to be wrong though. If he did win tomorrow, I’d add Dashel, but I won’t hold my breath.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

More like it from Allaho. Better trip, better tactics.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

True but I’m still not sure. Happiest in front but will he be able to lead the Ryanair around, not make too many mistakes lolloping down the hill on a long stride then have the toe to get away from them up the hill? Starting to think skipping Cheltenham and going for the flat left handed 3 at Aintree would be better though probably not going to happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.