The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Ryanair 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Have a few in mind for this….

Real Steel – A proper eyecatcher in The Gold Cup, and put to bed any doubts about going left handed. Can easily see him being targeted at this by Nicholls 16’s

Frodon – Former winner who was put in his place in last season’s renewal. I’ve got a feeling he wasn’t right last year though, and if back to his best this year, then the 33’s looks a bit generous. There must be a good chance he goes there, and that’s some price. 33’s

Samcro – It was great to see him back to his best here in March, and this race looks perfect 12’s

Melon – Solid if not spectacular Festival form, and fought out great finish with Samcro here in March. Connections have Al Boum Photo for The Gold Cup, so this has to be the target. His price looks wrong to me. 20’s

Annamix – I was surprised that he didn’t go to the Festival in March, but he remains a horse I’ll be watching closely this season, bit of a forgotten horse. I think he’s still a nice prospect, and I like him 40’s

Bachasson – His time has probably passed for this, but I’d love them to give him a crack at it 33’s

Master Tommytucker – Bags of potential, and hopefully some schooling will have ironed out those jumping issues. 50’s

No plans for an early bet, but the prices of Melon and Frodon look big.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Allaho 12/1 for me

Had a free bet on him for this straight away after Cheltenham this year

He has loads of ability and is a very good jumper but will definitely not stay the gold cup trip

The 2m4 1/2fs of this with him bounced out in front I think he’d take all the beating

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 750

I would like to see Samcro run here. I thought he travelled like by far the best horse in the Marsh Chase. One slow jump where he got in tight opened the door to the others. He would have been an unlucky loser if the photo had gone the other way.

If he smartens up his jumping, I honestly think he could blow this race apart. However, I just wonder if Gigginstown will try to turn him into a Gold Cup horse. If they are withdrawing from the game, they will not have many more chances. This year’s race showed up Delta Work’s limitations around Cheltenham and they may think Samcro is the way to go.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2689

Samcro comes here I believe Cork.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2689

Allaho 12-1 for me at this stage.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6271

FAKIR D’OURDIARIES 33/1

For me Bob any views a horse on the up much better at this trip

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Really can’t argue with 33’s for him Darren, if I was still doing my own Antepost books, he’d be one of the first I’d be looking to add around that kind of price.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Took 33’s for Frodon, but likely to go Gold Cup I’d imagine.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 938

Nicholls conf yesterday that clan would be going no where near Cheltenham so not surprised he,s going GC with frodon , I’m sure he,ll run his race but I’d be surprised if he was in the first 5 , he,s a game horse but not going win a GC , still 33-1 ain’t a bad bet if things change for some reason

JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 325

Cryname could be a price if he fails to stay 3m again….25/1 for the highest rated chaser in training. Can just about seeing him getting 3m, but 3m 2 in a gold cup? Surely has to come here if he goes to cheltenham at all?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2689

Jamie you missed out 2 words. The highest rated right handed chaser in training. :yes:

JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 325

True, but those thoughts were raised long before he became the horse he has…could well be a thing of the past, but won’t know until they try….they are trying 3 miles, might as well try right handed again and see what happens now…

Yogi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

ALLAHO for me also at 12’s ew straight after this years festival, travels very well through his races and didn’t get home in RSA for me. Sneaky feeling may run in King George before dropping back to Ryanair

ALLAHO 12/1 ew

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 938

After that I reckon Battleoverdoyen might be heading here , lovely performance today , he,s a big bull and still improving

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Id love to see allaho and battleoverdoyen go head to head over this trip

Two big strong horses who jump very well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.