The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Roxan at Beverley

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ken1
    • Total Posts 82

I watched the replay of this 2 year old filly’s first race last night in the Listed event on Wednesday night. Pretty impressed by her performance after missing the break and running green. She beat several previous winners in recording a ridden out 2l win.<br>I noticed her time was quicker than the 2yo colts & geldings race later in the race (also involved several previous winners). <br>Have any speed rating compilers given her a rating yet? If so, how does it compare to the top rated 2yo fillies so far this year?<br>Thanks in advance..

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Roxan was 0.14 sec quicker but was carrying 5 lb less. In other words the timefigures at the end of it are going to be quite similar.

I have gone for mid-80s with both of them.

Sectionals, as far as I can get them at this tricky course, suggest they did not go especially quickly early on in Roxan’s race, so there is scope to better that figure on that score alone.

I have Gilded on 93 at present.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Hey Prufrock

Can I ask what you have Excellent Art running to when winning the National Stakes?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

You can.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Quote: from Prufrock on 12:36 am on June 3, 2006[br]You can.

lol DJs probably gone to bed so I’ll ask on behalf of him what figure do you have Excellent Art at? While your there what figure do you have Drayton at if you cover Irish racing?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I have Excellent Art at high-90s and Drayton in the mid-100s, as far as I can remember.

Where Excellent Art is concerned, the figure is bound to be somewhat subjective unless you factor in sectionals. There were only two races on the 5f course at Sandown that day and neither of them looked to be truly run. One-on-one comparisons of overall race times can be misleading. You do, however, get a bit more of an idea of the apparent discrepancy between the round course and straight course conditions by looking at figures from other meetings at the track around the time.

I took the view that Excellent Art’s overall race time was a good one but unlikely to be 105+, for all that he may well be capable of such a figure.<br>

(Edited by Prufrock at 10:45 am on June 3, 2006)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Cheers Pru

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.