The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rowland Meyrick 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Rowland Meyrick 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Always a good line up here, and looks no exception this year…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/87/wetherby/2020-12-26/772748

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/rowland-meyrick-handicap-chase/winner

It’s not often that I’m happy to see an Antepost go down, but having bet Seeyouatmidnight for Chepstow, I’d much rather see him here, this looks more suitable. I’m not concerned at all with him blowing out last time, as his seasonal debut last term was brutal too. Slight concern that trainer also has Yorkhill in there, but Midnight is really well treated, and I’ll be taking him early. Not one to go mad on Antepost, but I’d have a fair swing on the day if he trapped here. I’ll wait and see if I can get bigger than 16’s.

Yorkhill not to be underestimated though. Hardly hammered for his win in The Rehearsal, and for all it looked a poor renewal in hindsight, there was lots to like about his attitude. 10’s seems fair.

Takingrisks was behind Yorkhill that day, but I’d expect to see a better run from him here, and stablemate Guitar Pete is very interesting too, and he wouldn’t be far behind Seeyouatmidnight on the shortlist.

The Dutchman has had a long road back from injury, but he’s getting there, and his run at the track last time, must give him a squeak.

I’d have that quintet all on the shortlist, and I’m very keen on Guitar Pete, but an early go on Midnight first.

Seeyouatmidnight 16’s

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4908

A very close race and I could make out a case for most. However, I have CANELO only a pound off top rated and balance of form he comes in here with a strong chance.

Down the field in a very strong contest won by Demachine at Uttoxeter, he won over 2m 4f at Aintree before staying over an extended 2m 6f behind Cap Du Nord in a competitive Newbury handicap last time. Has to prove himself at the trip, but that last run hints that three miles is within his compass.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

The Dutchman for me at around 8-1, though I nearly talked myself into Spiritofthegames. He deserves to win a big prize, and this is not beyond him.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Obv for me to look at Yorkhill again , if he was to win this surely they’d have to think of chelt or aintree rather than Ayr , part of me would love to see sandy at chelt on the Fri in the GC

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Coming into this fresh, as Seeyouatmidnight never did go bigger than 16’s.

It’ll be nowhere the size of bet I had planned, but I’ll stick with Guitar Pete now. 14’s at the moment, and I think that’s fair. I’ll see if I can beat that.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4908

My selection Canelo is generally 4/1 but I wonder if it might be a bit longer on the day as this does seem to have a few with chances.

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

I can’t believe how badly Windsor Avenue ran last time, but possibly telling that he’s back out this quickly. I’m happy with the current price of 8-1

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Windsor Avenue for me as well here. His last run in the Caspian Caviar just didn’t work out, maybe too big a field? Based on his class he should have a good chance here. He must prove he can stay the distance though.

Windsor Avenue 8/1

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2692

Snow Leopardess ew

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

I’ve split my bets , both guitar Pete and the Dutchman , there’s a few still to confirm they stay in this so I think there the value

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

With Guitar Pete a Non Runner, I’ll split my bets between Windsor Avenue and The Dutchman.

The Dutchman
    Windsor Avenue 15-2

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Bugger , I don like Windsor Ave even inspite of the last run , I’m just not sure about the distance today

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Well played Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4908

Thanks, and I was right with price as it went off 9/2. Worth taking Canelo and Snow Leopardess forward as two progressive staying handicap chasers.

Still not sure Windsor Avenue really sees out the trip.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

I’m starting to think he,s a gallops horse , Ellison raves about him but he,s not bringing it to the course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.