The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Richard Pitman – donating a kidney

Home Forums Horse Racing Richard Pitman – donating a kidney

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22778

I think I’ll just keep my eyes shut, Mike. :lol:

Member since March 2008
    betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

I think I’ll just keep my eyes shut, Mike. :lol:

Yeah, well they say there’s nothing much on the telly nowadays…

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 22778

Here’s your chance to vote for a life saver. To vote for Richard Pitman or this years other hero’s follow the link below.

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewtopic.php?forum_uri=&t=92159&start=

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22778

I’ve got to go back in a few months to get the stent removed. Apparently they stick something up my wotsit whilst I’m awake and it takes 45 minutes….. :shock:

Aah yes,

todgergeddon

It’s not a joyful experience but it won’t take anything like 45 mins (normally 10 mins). It’s not

actually

that painful, it’s more the psychological side of where they’re ramming their contraption that makes you feel a bit woozy.

Having said that, you do get to see the whole procedure on ‘willy-cam’. :mrgreen:

Mike

You were quite right Mike it wasn’t a joyful experience. I would have it down as discomfort x 10. It took less than 5 minutes though so cant complain tooo much. I asked to keep the stent which they found a bit strange, As you can see it’s about the size of a pen length wise. My delicate friend is still tingling at the thought of it…… :oops:

http://i49.tinypic.com/1z50pzn.jpg

Member since March 2008
    The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8708

Nath we’ll joke about ‘WillyCam’ when we’re at the Kings local course sipping Champagne through a straw this Summer mate!! Geez jus had a flashback to when a young filly poured the stuff over my Bell and it fizzed up me Japseye……..YOUCH! :lol:

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Bloody hell, if I’d known it was that long I’d have run screaming to the theatre door…

Massive congratulations – you’ve done the tricky bits now!!

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 22778

Thanks Mike, just the pd catheter to come out now, but will be in the land of ZZZZZZzzzzzz’s for that one, so no worry there.

This will make you laugh the ward sister when signing the discharge forms said something along the lines of ‘Don’t go playing with yourself for a while’ :shock:

Yes Gord we will run riot. Will Ginge be in attendance? only if he is I will leave my orange jumper at home. I’m hoping to come up on a day when Richard Hughes is riding as your the man to sort out the photos, I’ve got my Canford Cliffs poster I want him to sign aswell…… :lol:

Member since March 2008
    The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8708

Yes Gord we will run riot. Will Ginge be in attendance? only if he is I will leave my orange jumper at home. I’m hoping to come up on a day when Richard Hughes is riding as your the man to sort out the photos, I’ve got my Canford Cliffs poster I want him to sign aswell…… :lol:

I can guarantee a photo of you and Hayley mate but as my Pics show if I want a picture I’ll get it,even if I get trampled on by

Tidal Bay

! :lol:

[attachment=0:2q60d3qe]13zx47m.jpg[/attachment:2q60d3qe]

Pic clearly shows driver is not watching where he’s goin!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 22778

I emailed Richard Pitman yesterday to let him know he had won the 2012 TRF Hero of the Year award and to tell him what a selfless, generous gift he gave his friend. I got a reply this morning to say he was pleased to have won but even more pleased that I had received my kidney.

Top bloke…….. :D

Member since March 2008
    SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5767

I’ll second that! :D

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 252

Top man something to be proud to have done.

If you go to back a certainty always buy a return ticket.

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 252

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 252

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10635

Well done to Richard :D
    Such a nice thing to have done and his good wishes sent from the heart…
    Nathan, so pleased all is going well. :D :wink:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.