The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Richard Pitman – donating a kidney

Home Forums Horse Racing Richard Pitman – donating a kidney

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8796

Crikey Nathan, when you said you needed a weekend off the comp scoring because you had something on… I thought you were off shopping or suchlike!

Very, very best wishes.

RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

Just to let everyone know, I had a kidney transplant last Sunday December 2nd and everything went well and I was discharged today.

Glad to hear you’re okay. :D

Don’t worry about scoring for this week’s comp. Done it :mrgreen:

Haven’t donated a kidney, but I do donate blood.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Just to let everyone know, I had a kidney transplant last Sunday December 2nd and everything went well and I was discharged today.

Good health and happiness for the future Nathan, and to Mike too and for highlighting how the gift of a kidney can so dramatically change the lives of children and older people suffering from kidney disease.

If more people were like Richard Pitman and Mikes friend the world would be a happier and healthier place for a lot of folk.

My daughter had Leukemia at 2 and again it came back at 5 years of age in the central nervous system, each time a long hard course of radiotheraphy and chemo got her through and luckily she didn’t need a bone marrow transplant, but if she had we would also have been reliant on the generosity of family and friends. Thankfully she won her fight, but we are great supporters of carrying the card..Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Hope it all continues to go well for you, Nathan.

paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4611

As others have said – great news Nathan all the best for a speedy recovery and a "normal" life going forward

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22801

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I’m feeling better and stronger everyday.

It’s great to be home, all the wonderful nurses were queuing up to pull out the catheter after a week of playing them all up. :D

Drone it rings many bells, many a zider drunk in the ring of bells over the years, although I’ve never stayed in the Castle hotel, a lovely place though, used to clean the windows there, before the use of poles you had to hang out the window to clean the high ones, health and safety would have a field day.

Cormack I was hoping to return home with the awards up and running, any news?

Member since March 2008
    Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5841

Wishing you all the very best for the future Nathan.

I am glad everything went well for you.

Regards
    :cool:

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5115

Drone it rings many bells, many a zider drunk in the ring of bells over the years, although I’ve never stayed in the Castle hotel, a lovely place though, used to clean the windows there, before the use of poles you had to hang out the window to clean the high ones, health and safety would have a field day.

My first visit to Taunton cricket ground was in the mid-70s for the third day of an inconsequential County Championship match versus Northants – just the sort of ‘three-men-and-a-dog-crowd-and-two-asleep’ soporific leather-on-willow county town summer’s day I adore. Bishen Bedi spun a little magic for Northants and Brian Close knocked 20-odd for Mummerset; whatever else occurred is long forgotten and didn’t matter anyway

Never been to Taunton races I’m ashamed to say, and never zupped zider in the Ring O’Bells I’m glad to say :) Ushers Best Bitter if memory serves

‘Dross’ cricket in the summer. ‘dross’ NH racing in the winter:

This other Eden, demi-paradise,
    This happy breed of men, this little world,
    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm,

This Sporting Life :D

Steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5767

Good to hear you are okay Nathan. You will be looking forward to the best of years in 2013.

Good luck

Joe

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22801

Great stuff Nathan!

Had my transplant in June 2010 and all is going well. If you need any info, advice, whatever, don’t hesitate to message me.

Best wishes,

Mike

I missed this message. Thanks Mike, will message you if needed. :)

Member since March 2008
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8708

Bloody Hell Nath!……..Its been one of those years for sure and I’ll be pleased to see the back of it,I just hope my Wingman makes a full and speedy recovery! Take it easy Soldier! I couldn’t even go through a Vasectomy never mind a bloody Kidney Transplant! :oops:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4271

Really pleased to hear it went well Nath! Have a restful Christmas mate!

Jon x

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22801

Cheers guys.

Gord, I’ve got to go back in a few months to get the stent removed. Apparently they stick something up my wotsit whilst I’m awake and it takes 45 minutes….. :shock:

Joni, I read on the other thread you suffered from gout, I hope it is a limited experience as I can testify it’s bloody painful.

Member since March 2008
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4271

Cheers guys.

Gord, I’ve got to go back in a few months to get the stent removed. Apparently they stick something up my wotsit whilst I’m awake and it takes 45 minutes….. :shock:

Joni, I read on the other thread you suffered from gout, I hope it is a limited experience as I can testify it’s bloody painful.

Yes – out of the blue. Thought I’d broken my foot at first. Had my bloods done after and they said change your diet so I did. Touch wood it hasnt returned. No wonder Henry VIII had all those wives beheaded – it does make you moody. :)

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

I’ve got to go back in a few months to get the stent removed. Apparently they stick something up my wotsit whilst I’m awake and it takes 45 minutes….. :shock:

Aah yes,

todgergeddon

It’s not a joyful experience but it won’t take anything like 45 mins (normally 10 mins). It’s not

actually

that painful, it’s more the psychological side of where they’re ramming their contraption that makes you feel a bit woozy.

Having said that, you do get to see the whole procedure on ‘willy-cam’. :mrgreen:

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.