The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reveal

Home Forums Memorials Reveal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Meerkat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 66

I’m really hoping I am wrong here but Linda Perratt’s Reveal looked to suffer a serious injury when bowling along in front in the 8.00pm at Hamilton last night.
    Not seen any comments from connections on social media and the RP simply says “pulled up quickly”

I’m hoping against hope that it’s not as bad as it appeared but I fear the worst for this small stable.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

The scenes with him pulling up have been removed from the replay. I guess we all know how bad the injury was…

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

It was awful wasn’t it. I was watching it because Wise Eagles half sister Lady Phoebe was in the race.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

Reveal is now sadly listed as deceased on the BHA database.

It’s so shoddy that his injury was given only an incidental mention in the stewards’ report, let alone any reference to his subsequent wellbeing. Similarly the Racing Post comments merely mentioned him being injured.

It gives the distinct impression nobody is really bothered, despite all the fanfare made about welfare when there is much greater focus on the sport at Cheltenham and Aintree.

RIP Reveal

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

Well said, Marlingford. But generally speaking the Racing Post comments are completely unreliable from every point of view. I don’t understand this form of journalism, too many articles concentrating just on a few topics.

RIP Reveal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.