The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Red Square Vodka Gold Cup

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Red Square Vodka Gold Cup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

hey i am new on here was just wondering everybody’s thoughts on the big race at haydock 2morrow. I think Naunton Brook has a great chance of winning after 2 good performances previously.

jonny33
    • Total Posts 51

it will stay ok but its a hot race i fancy the novice cloudy lane a little bit it loves the course and so does the trainer, small stakes i think, good luck with naunton brook.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Naunton Brook has had some very hard races in the last couple of months and i think the edge has been taken off him rather. He will stay and love the ground, but cannot be discounted but he seems horse in need of a break.

I will be backing Bewley’s Berry e/w, the ground may not be perfect for him, but he jumps and stays well.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The Outlier for me. Ran 2 good races the last twice over 3m on Hvy at the track and was staying on at the end of both

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Its a tought race to crack. I like The Outlier too (sorry David) as it can do better still now upped to this trip. Cornish Rebel could run well too, though no Ruby Walsh is a big downside. And I’ll be watching Cloudy Lane too as you can say it won its last race because of a terrible last fence blunder.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Not sure yet…

• Total Posts 2065

Have you even looked at the race Jilly?

Why do we want to know you are "not sure yet"? Is that mutually beneficial for us to know?

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Lol :)

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

FSL, she’s becoming a bit of a pain in the arse, wasting all the threads, maybe cormack will clean a few up.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Let’s hope so

• Total Posts 2065

I noticed Jim.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

You’re not wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

I thought initially that The Outlier could be the one but, carrying 7lb more over 1/2 mile further, doesn’t inspire.<br>The trainer of Naunton Brook said, after his last race, that the horse does too much early on, and his weak finishes in these better class races support that view.<br>Which leaves me with Kelami, who has been there, done it, and got the T-shirt, and would probably be carrying a few pounds more had he not thrown the race away lto by hanging into the horse he had just overtaken.  

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Welcome to the forum Danny BTW

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Cloudy Lane is potentially much better than his current mark. He won a novice handicap over hurdles at the track last spring off a higher mark. He’s a really sound jumper bar what happened at Newcastle last time. Slight concern that 3m 4f in soft ground might be far enough for him at this stage but I think he could develop into a serious National contender in 12 months time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.