The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Forum Flat Horse of the Year Award

Home Forums Archive Topics Racing Forum Flat Horse of the Year Award

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Tired of seeing Horse of the Year awards dished out to all and sundry – your chance to vote for the only award that really matters….<br>

(Edited by cormack15 at 9:30 pm on Dec. 21, 2003)

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Has to be Falbrav for me – so consistent and his turn of foot was amazing. It’s a shame he won’t be around next year to take on the world’s top milers. He never really got the plaudits he deserved IMO.

Russian Rhythm is a close second for me, as I’ve really admired this filly from day one, and she’s toughs as old nails. The miling fillies were in a different class this year, and I can’t wait to see her next year. Fingers crossed she’ll train on and retain her ability.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

It’s a tough choice for me.

When I watched the rerun of Falbrav’s final race, I felt sorrow that I’d never saw him in the flesh. He was truly a great.

On the other hand, when Dalakhani won the Arc, I remember thinking how grateful that I had seen him run in the flesh (in the Lupin).

When I saw him run in May, I was totally in love with the horse and cheered him on in the Arc even though I had backed HC.

So, my head says Falbrav and my heart says Dalakhani.  

Steve

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Falbrav for me with his consistency and being on the go all year, I can remember first seeing him finish 3rd in an Arc Trial on TV in 2002 and thinking what a specimen he was and this year he of course fulfilled all promise.

I think Luca deserves more credit than he is getting, I hope he wins that C4 personality of the year

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5859

Falbrav for me as well.

Just pity we could see him race for another season.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>hard to chose for me between dalakhani and hawk wing

plumped for  dalakhani in the end

phunter
    • Total Posts 125

Falbrav for me..just went from strength to strength all through the season.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

High Chapparal not only raced race over a mile Ian, he won a Group 1 race at the distance!! <br>

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>it dosnt count  only the grp 1 races that falbrav fans approve of count

Monkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

I voted for Falbrav, Ian, but any more of that trolling nonsense about HC and  I’ll be minded to change it! Falbrav, while he might have won at Leopardstown, over HIS best distance, was never going to do so easily.

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

No vote from me as Falbrav is the obvious "bandwagon" choice but High Chapparal beat him twice and I prefer him to Falbrav anyway.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Hawk Wing apparently joint-best with Dalakhani, based  on ability, according to Racing Post Flat Horses of 2003. Now there would be a talking point – if it hadn’t already been talked ad nauseum on here over the past eight months or so!

Katy
    • Total Posts 73

Off the list given it would be Falbrav, dont know why I just took to him I suppose, he is a beautiful looking horse and was very consistant all year.

My favourite horse this season was Attraction, just watchin her win the Cherry hinton on ATR this afternoon reminded me of her turn of foot, and despite being unfashionably bred, and lookin like shes got her legs stuck on back to front it doesnt do her any harm

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

There we are then – A clear winner –

The 2003 Racing Forum Flat Horse of the Year award goes to :-

FALBRAV

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.