The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racecourse Figures 2006

Home Forums Horse Racing Racecourse Figures 2006

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

I found this while searching it shows the activities of all the racecourses for the 2006 season the attendances for each course and how many people went racing on a particular day of the week amongst other things.

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/image … ourses.pdf

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Interesting stats.

Total attendances still over 6 million, how many sports outside of football can claim that? Not bad for a so-called "minority sport" – 10 years or so ago, they were only around 4.5 million.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I did once stumble across a link which detailed the attendances for every course/meeting going back something like 20 years. It was bang up to date too. Was a fascinating browse….

But i simply havent been able to find it since…

Its hidden away on one of the official sites somehwere

Brief perusal did indicate that the London courses (Windsor< kempton and Sandown ) had lost a few punters whilst York and Cheltenham had boomed

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1921

A few weeks back when Kempton was on Saturday evening I noticed a few plugs from the certain presenters – Mike Cattermole on morning Line said get down to Kempton this evening its a good night out much under used the night fixtures at Kempton.

Then Graham Goode commentating started giving out prices for special future fixtures before the start of the race and he also kept saying its a great night out so is Kempton failing, are they not getting the numbers in or are the owners and Racing UK just being greedy and looking for extra attendance money.

I still wish they’d stop sitting in the bar when presenting they should be in the paddock looking at the horses they might as well stay in the studio.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

I went to a Kempton evening meeting last August, and there was a huge crowd.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.