The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes 2017

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queen Elizabeth II Stakes 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 171 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3411

You dont add 3lbs to her rating because she was recieving weight, its calculated into it….. the weight she gets isnt a gift for being the opposite sex lol its to give her a fair chance… so if she ran to 121, then 121 it is

Still, pretend that to be true, he still needed to find another 10 lengths on top of the 3 you just gifted him to have won the race…

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3411

I think this thread and this forum in general is getting carried away with form. It’s getting boring these arguments, back and forth.

yes form is important but trust your own eyes. Beat the bank looked good in the joel stakes- and he looked good for most of the season. He had an off day in the QE2. It happens- horses aren’t machines.

The proof of the pudding will be next season when he bounces back and proves his doubters on this thread completely wrong. :good:

You cant say this arguement is boring then throw your opinion in at the end and expect for it to not keep going on

If you trust your eyes youd know that his rating flatters him and he got found out when he faced real group 1 opposition, it wasnt an off day, it was a wake up call that hes not that good…

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2347

handicappers/timeform get it wrong like the rest of us, Time Test is one that springs to mind after winning at royal ascot I think timeform had in at around 130 after a G3 win.
    Hope I have got the right horse,as I am getting on and the cells are dying off quicker than Chelsea’s title hopes

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2347

my point being I really believe they over rated BTB joel win

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

It’s farcical that Beat the Bank recorded a better rating then the horse that won the QE11
    I really don’t understand that one ginge, if you could enlighten me on that one please.?

The horse that won the QEII was a filly, Nathan. You can effectively add 3 lbs to her rating for the ratings to be under race conditions. 121 + 3 = 124. Beat The Bank was rated 123, so presumably he’d have needed to improve a couple of pounds to beat Persuasive.

Ribchester pulled quite a bit early and unfortunately for us ran below form. Had he ran to form would’ve won. 😥

You dont add 3lbs to her rating because she was recieving weight, its calculated into it….. the weight she gets isnt a gift for being the opposite sex lol its to give her a fair chance… so if she ran to 121, then 121 it is

If Racing Post work the same as Timeform, ham:

When a filly and colt dead heat for a Group 1, “under race conditions” the filly is carrying three pounds less than the colt and therefore has put up a performance (is rated) 3 lbs worse than the colt.

Point I am making is that Persuasive’s 121 is “effectively” 124. Because – due to the 3 lbs allowance – a male horse needs to put up a performance of 124 standard to dead heat with a 121 female.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 5 posts - 171 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.