The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pretty Polly 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Pretty Polly 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

(3:40) 158D Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Group 1)
    €135,000.00 ( 1m 2f – 3yo+ )[MAX 26]RRFrm

25-32 1 Beach Bunny(105) (KPrendergast) – .. 9,09
    2 Dar Re Mi (GB) (JHMGosden (in GB)) – ……………………… 9,09
    1234- 3 Heaven Sent (GB) (SirMStoute (in GB)) – ……………………… 9,09
    5113- 4 Katiyra(114) (JMOxx) – …………………… 9,09
    5 Look Here (GB) (RMBeckett (in GB)) – SSanders ……….. 9,09
    20-36 6 Lush Lashes (GB)(115) (JSBolger) – . 9,09
    1135- 7 Profound Beauty(108) (DKWeld) – ….. 9,09
    6-292 8 Aaroness (USA)(97) (JSBolger) – ……. 8,11
    1-959 9 Chintz(103) (DWachman) – . ……………. 8,11
    -2143 10 Jakarta Jazz(96) (KPrendergast) – …… 8,11
    -1937 11 Oh Goodness Me (GB)(106) (JSBolger) – . ……………. 8,11
    3-81 12 Roman Empress(84) (APO’Brien) – …. 8,11
    3807 13 Totally Devoted (USA)(95) (APO’Brien) – . ………….. 8,11

Katiyra looks a decent shout here for me. Reckon Look Here will get done for speed over this trip. It took her a long time to get going at Epsom. Lush Lashes was lifeless at Ascot and Dar Re Mi might struggle on quicker ground. She has won on firm ground but her run behind Zarkava gave me the impression she goes better with some cut.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

Lush Lashes was disappointing at Ascot, but i thought she ran well on her reappearance in the Tattersalls Gold Cup on heavy going and perhaps that run took the edge off her at Ascot. At 7/1 I’m prepared to take a chance on Lush Lashes putting her best foot forward.

Member since March 2008
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Jumped out at me too. Has disappointed me a few times in the past but def a fan, so looking forward to this.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Look Here is much the best horse in the race and her Coronation Cup run should have her in perfect shape. At first glance ten furlongs would appear to be a touch sharp, but she travelled so well in the Oaks that I don’t see it being too much of a problem.

If enough use is made of her early, she’ll hammer these.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

Down to 7 runners now, more room for Manning to keep out of trouble. :wink:

Look Here
    Katiyra
    Dar Re Mi
    Lush Lashes
    Roman Empress
    Beach Bunny
    Jakarta Jazz

Member since March 2008
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Katiyra is the one i took, it’s obviously been its target. I wouldn’t be suprised if Roman Empress ran a big race at 20/1, because she’s got a bit of potential i feel, whether or not it’s at this level remains to be seen.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Look Here should win this, at 1m4f she hammered Katirya and Lush Lashes, obviously there will be a bit more speed with the distance this time, but she does possess a ggod turn of foot when required, she campaigned well over 1m2f in the past so I wouldn’t think it be a problem.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

For me, this is close to a steering job to Lush Lashes.

Katiya – mudlark, will need the run

Dar Re Mi – Gosden well out of form (1 runner in 5 days, 5th/5 5/4F beaten 16L), beaten both times she’s faced Lush Lashes

Look Here – done for pace at Epsom, will be her undoing here, possibly even less pace

Roman Empress, Beach Bunny, Jakarta Jazz – making up the numbers

Lush Lashes – Bolger back in-form, 2 viable excuses for her 2 runs this season, IMO will win easily, 7s is a joke

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7229

I done Katiya also Oxx and Kinnane had 2 winners in the last 2 days.And is my pick

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Darren, try and add a sentence or two onto the end of your selection. If you’re only telling people who you picked then you’d be better starting a thread in the daily lays and plays selection.

Good luck anyway. :wink:

tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points system

141 look here
    137 dar re mi
    135 beach bunny
    135 lush lashes
    133 katiyra
    125 jakarta jazz
    120 roman empress

will back look here
    and a small ew beach bunny

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Back to 10f I suspect Lush Lashes will be far better suited here. Unfavoured by the pace set in the Windsor Castle and wouldn’t have been suited to heavy ground on seasonal debut, the question marks have been asked lately whether she has trained on and it may be a valid point but I’m not certain about that yet and feel it’s still worth giving her another chance, so long as it doesn’t rain too much she will certainly be worth taking a chance on at 7/1.

My first reaction was 2/1 about Look Here looked generous, she has the class to beat these and she is still lightly raced and proven against some very very good colts, in reality she may well beat these easily, i’d be concerned about how she will cope with a drop back to 10f with the possibility of no solid pace and was hoping she would be kept to 12f after the Coronation but she is certainly the class act here and has them all beaten on known form.

Dar Re Mi looks the one to lay in this field at the early shows, she stays 12f very strongly and struggled to find a gear when taking weight from Crystal Capella in the Middleton Stakes at York over 10f, she was hammered by Lush Lashes in the Musidora in 2008 and again beaten easily in the Yorkshire Oaks (at newmarket). An admirable and genuine filly but I’m not convinced she is quite good enough to win at the top level.

At this point I would suggest laying Dar Re Mi under 4.5

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Look Here has the form against the colts, and looks clearly the best of these on recent form, if not overall.
    Seb may have been caught out by the steady pace in the Coronation, but’s unlikely to make the same mistake again, and should be well up to leading these a dance from a fair way out..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Can’t argue that Look Here’s form stands out but this trip is surely not ideal for her.

Oxx has given Katiyra plenty of time before running her again.

She has a bit of ground to make up on Look Here on their running in the Oaks but she was still a bit backward then.

Oxx never ran her until August in her first season and she never came good until August of last year.

I think she will be a different kettle of fish to the filly Look Here beat and with ground coming right for her can take this before going on to better things.

I really fancy this filly to put the record straight today and reverse the Oak form.

Katiyra 3/1

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If Dar Re Mi and Beach Bunny are Group 1 filles, I’m next in line for the throne.

A shocking effort from Seb Sanders.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

If Dar Re Mi and Beach Bunny are Group 1 filles, I’m next in line for the throne.

A shocking effort from Seb Sanders.

Two in a row. How many Group races can connections afford to throw away? He was always three lengths out of his ground. The trip was short of her best but she still should have won. No excuses for him.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’m not sure about the Leger but that’s 3 times Sanders has messed up royally on her (Oaks Trial plus the 2 already mentioned).

The jockeys today need brain surgery, all are riding shockingly.

Am not pocket talking in the slightest. Backed Lush Lashes but fully accept Look Here would have beaten her no matter how the race was run. Sanders needs to be replaced badly.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.