Poster of the Year

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Awards Voting 2015 Poster of the Year

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  IanDavies 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

[poll question=’Poster of the Year….?’ answers=’Venture to Cognac,Steeplechasing,SteveCaution,Gingertipster,Jonibake,Nathan Hughes,apracing,Norrette,Moehat,Stilvi,Yeats’ time=’17 days’]

*Poster of the Year

Venture to Cognac,Steeplechasing,SteveCaution,Gingertipster,Jonibake,Nathan Hughes,apracing,Norrette,Moehat,Stilvi,Yeats

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

I’ve voted for myself, forgot I was logged in, and looked in to see how the votes were going.
    At least I owed up, eh ginge…… :rose:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

I voted VTC Nathan.
    I don’t deserve any votes.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

A few that didn’t get nominated that I’d like to praise up as this is the time of year and thread for the praise and sick bucket stuff.

Firstly Triptych, who runs the weekly which three horse will win comp. The forum can come across as stale at times but we all have plenty of fun on the comps so thank you Jac and of bob who runs the 4pp. Triptych is also excellent in spotting future winners when at Newmarket and has won me a few quid over the summer which is always welcome and has been a huge support to me via the pm service with troubles I’ve been through.

A shout out to Wasp who has kept me company in the footy thread, plenty of double figure winners we have enjoyed recently in there and a bit of good banter along the way.

BigG has been very consistent and a consent poster keeping the forum going.

and a thank you to everyone that posts keep up the good work.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8302

Thanks Nathan, really didn’t expect that.
    I enjoy our Saturdays together with all the regulars on the comp and thank you for the extra prizes you have put up making it even more competitive and the help with marking up when I have been unable to for one reason or another.

Glad to hear you’ve made a few bob at Newmarket from some of my better selections, I can’t wait for the flat to come back my bookies are having too much fun at my expense at the moment. :wacko:

It’s been a tough year but hopefully things will take a turn for the better in 2016.

Totally agree that Bob Rolf does a fantastic job keeping the 4PP compy in order I don’t know how he does it and it’s thoroughly enjoyable and addictive..thanks Bob and BigG also for his input and humour and Pat123 who runs our ante-post comp, I would have lost the plot on that one a long time ago. Haven’t come across Wasp on the racing side of the Forum, is he as good at picking winners as he is at the footy Nathan? Perhaps he could be persuaded to come along on our Saturday Comp :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5671

Awww shucks Nathan and Jac, that’s so nice of you both, even although some might
    uncharitably say completely unwarranted and undeserved. However I would like to
    take this opportunity to thank my wonderful wife and children, my granny who got
    me into punting at 8, my school teachers, without who’s lack of guidance I would
    never have ended up in smoke filled bookie’s shops at 15, Father Ted and Dougal
    for their inspirational rendition of “My Lovely Horse”, I’m sorry, I’m welling up :cry:
    …… and to all my fans who recognised my potential as a tipster, and still
    recognise, that after many decades, that I still retain just that…. potential :scratch:
    I love you all :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Remind me again why I never get nominated for anything :unsure:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

My favourite thread of the year was Norette’s, but with so few posts decided not to vote for Norette.

Is there a reason why we don’t have a “Thread Of the Year” (as well as “Poster”)?

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

We have had a thread of the year the last two years, surprised you missed it. I tend to start it up after Christmas as it’s easier with time to copy and paste the nominated threads up so everyone can look at them if desired, otherwise not everybody will know which threads are which. Off the top of my head Steeplechasing’s ‘the day we buried Red Rum’ won it in 2013 and Bacholars Hall won it last year with his ‘Juvenile novice hurdler’ thread. but I can backtrack and add it to the hall of fame and include it altogether in the whole awards as of next year if that’s the way to go. Didn’t like to muscle in and automatically include it without asking Cormack but don’t see it as a problem now it’s been running a few years. A ‘new’ poster of the year could be an idea aswell which has been mooted before perhaps members in the 1st or 2nd year of joining the forum could be eligible. Every member used to have a start date when joined on their profile but this seems to have gone with the changes to the site, perhaps if possible it would be nice to have back unless they are gone for good.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

My favourite thread of the year was Norette’s, but with so few posts decided not to vote for Norette.

Is there a reason why we don’t have a “Thread Of the Year” (as well as “Poster”)?

Its the same reason we dont have a Legend of the year Ginge…Because I am the one and only! B-)

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8760

Go ahead with that Nathan, thread of the year is probably more relevant to our community than many of the other categories in any case.

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 544

I cannot actually believe I’ve not won this AGAIN.

Ok, so I rarely post and what I do write is rubbish, but I’m Ian Davies, ffs!

That should be enough on its own!

Have a word with yourselves in 2016 and do the right thing this December!

That is all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.