The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Poppy maroon

Home Forums Horse Racing Poppy maroon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CiaranDoc
    • Total Posts 24

Anyone happen to see this at Wincanton yesterday? Had a bet but didnt see the race and Sporttinglife has it as jockey mistook the winning post, is there somewhere I could watch the race?

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

If you go here mate…

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/c4/

It has the replays of the races at Wincanton, Kempton and Haydock from yesterday.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1906

Both the first two jockeys dropped their hands but because David England won the race (and therefore obtained the best possible placing) he wasn’t banned.
    Neil Mullholland got 28 days,is he a little harshly done as he has basically committed the same offence as England but because he didn’t win the race he gets banned.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Just watching the replay, is there another finishing post at Wincanton that cannot be seen from those replays? ? ?

CiaranDoc
    • Total Posts 24

I’m on some run at the moment!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Just watching the replay, is there another finishing post at Wincanton that cannot be seen from those replays? ? ?

There isn’t another post, but rather some approximation of a path which the unfortunate can sometimes mistake as the winning line. Messrs Mulholland and England’s reasoning appears to be that the low sun tricked them into mistaking the path for the line this time.

It’s not a completely unknown occurence at Wincanton – didn’t the same happen in the Elite Hurdle earlier in the season? On that occasion I don’t think any bans were handed out, as no real or imagined change to the final finishing positions resulted.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Correct Graysons, Dougie Costello mistook the winning post on Kings Quay, as did the rider of Chivalry.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 610

A rare occurrence for Mr ‘Noddies Way’ Panvert to saddle a winner but
    my congratulations to him.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.