Picks from current AW races to watch out for 2019 Flat season?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Picks from current AW races to watch out for 2019 Flat season?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

I know its jump season now but there are lots of all weather flat racing going on. I love this time of the year, since I don’t follow jump, I can quietly follow the AW races and pick some good horses for next year. Last year, I was very impressed with ‘Without Parole’ on his December debut in Newcastle and took a note of him in the diary. That horse went onto win the St James Palace Stakes in next summer.

So the idea of this thread is to pick horses from current AW season whom you think will come good next year.

I will start with mine:

Red Impression – For 1000 Guineas. Very impressed with this Roger Charlton filly who is 2/2 now and won impressively.

Zakouski – Shamardal colt who made an impressive debut last week in Kempton Park beating favorite Headman.

Moonlight Spirit – Another Godolphin horse who made an impressive debut in newcastle last week. This son of Dubawi may head to Dubai now and should run in Craven next year if every thing goes good.

Rainbow Heart – Though she never ran in AW but ran 2 very impressive races in newmarket at the fag end of the season. Owned by Sunderland Holdings, trained by William Haggas and running style very similar to ‘Sea of Class’ :whistle:

She’s Got You – Kingman Filly won impressively in Wolverhampton. Trained by Johnie G and owned by Gunther Family (Same owner as Without Parole)

Sucellus – Looked very impressive on his debut race in Wolverhampton. Oppenhiemer owned horse in Cracksman colour and trained by John Gosden. He looks like a derby prospect to me and should run next in Dante next April. (Watch out for this horse)

Vasiliev – CG Cox trained horse ran a good 2nd in his debut Kempton race. Don’t think he will be a group 1 horse but may run well in listed races next year.

New King – Son of frankel & owned by Qatar racing in the same colour as Roaring lion. Ran 4th in debut race but won in 2nd start impressively coming from behind. Trained by Johny G.

These are my picks for now. I will add more as the season progress.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Austin, i haven’t looked at it a whole lot i won’t lie, but the ones you have already mentioned have looked the best to me so far! :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8731

Interesting Thread Austin and Jack and Darren also have very interesting 2yo Threads in the Trends, Research and notebooks section, so welcome aboard and hope your AW observations will get us through the Winter to the Craven Meeting :yahoo:

I was there to see Rainbow Heart win her race at Newmarket Austin and she is a lovely filly but she did drop in class to win that race and would prefer the fillies that beat her in her first race …
    Qabala and Desirous, both extremely impressive pulling away from the field up the hill.

Sea Of Class is my filly to follow next year and I think she’ll mop up but Haggas must be cursing that Enable stays in training.

10O% agree on Red Impression she has some motor and Journey Of Life who she beat so well had some pretty useful form.

Good luck with the Thread.
    :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8731

Here’s one for today Austin at Wolverthampton..

Firebird Song 3/1
    2.45 Wolverthampton
    Trained by Charlie Appleby
    Ridden by George Wood

I had a really good look at this filly when I was at Newmarket for the final meeting and she is definitely work in progress still with a lot of growing to do.
    She came up against a leviathon of a filly in
    Feliciana De Vega who won the race easily and is a notebook horse for me to follow next season.

Firebird Song ran an extremely brave race being green in the first stages and then short of room but when she started to motor towards the end of the race she made up a lot of ground and made an impressive start to her career considering her stature. Looking forward to seeing her progress for that run later today.
    Guarantee she won’t start 3/1…. :good: Jac

Austin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Yeah good pick Triptych :good:

He might get tough fight from John Gosden trained Frankel filly Frisella though.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20978

Well done with Firebird Song, Jac…. :good:
    The horse done really well to win that, my ticket was screwed up ready for the bin.
    I’ll have to iron it now. :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8731

Thanks Nathan :yahoo: That was impressive she quickened nicely and she’s one to keep on board for next season :yahoo:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Fantastic Jac, you are really a genius :good:
    I must admit I trusted you on her and jumped on this train, as I know how well you can read Newmarket forms :yahoo:
    I even waited till the last moment and got the 3/1 again :yes:
    Very well done, and thank you very much!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8731

Hello Hein :bye:
    So glad you saw my post and trusted what I saw at beginning of the month at Newmarket. She looked so small and unfinished that day and has come on leaps and bounds really quickly as I hoped she would.

Must admit heart was in mouth when the Frankel filly struck for home but that strong finish up the hill at Newmarket had helped her and she breezed home.

The filly who beat her at Newmarket Feliciana De Vega already looks like a 3yo she’s a beauty and one to keep in your notebooks. :mail:

Glad you got that 3/1 Hein and hope you did too Nathan :good: Jac

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4561

Jac you bugger Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cry: :cry:
    I backed the second each way at 66/1 !!

Well done though :good: :good: Said through gritted teeth LOL

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8731

Thanks Raymo and well done yourself :yahoo: that’s still 13/1 for a place and I sort of feel your pain :whistle:

Think Firebird Song will be even better next time she runs as she didn’t have the best of starts and she’s clearly taken to the AW, although I think she’ll be off to Dubai now to finish growing and come back here in the Spring :rose: Jac

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

Nice thread this is I put up a 50/1 shot who won tonight on AW for 1000guineas I think she looks very good even though form not the strongest any views trip or others here.

Do you guys think Red Impression be more a sprinter than one for 1m races

This good thread as well.

Austin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Added few more horses in my initial list on OP, please have a read and let me know your thoughts.

Latest Additions:

She’s Got You
    Sucellus
    Vasiliev
    New King

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

SHE’S GOT YOU

Is the one I put up in 1000 guineas thread see 50/1 I was expecting 33/1 myself but happy with that long term she be a very good one at 1m

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

http://www.attheraces.com/blogs/sectional-spotlight/12-December-2018

Austin some interesting sectionals and figures on New King + Sucellus from Simon Rowlands.

Worth reading, and perhaps having a comparison with other juveniles.

I will probably do that once the old articles are accessible on the ATR site…currently “page not displayed” :unsure:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.