The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Peter Marsh 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Peter Marsh 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 751

Yes, I am still a bit haunted by the sight of poor exhausted Blaklion. Antepost favourite for the National and NTD decides to run him under top weight in a mud bath at Haydock. Pure genius.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

I watched that race …turned to my dad and said they’ve just destroyed the Nat fav …he was never the same again , I’m amazed that Williams hasn’t pulled her horse , she wants more horses from the owner surely …if she calls this wrong

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 751

It is quite sad to see how much this race has declined. I suppose it reflects the shift in power in the NH game away from the north and to the south. Four Gold Cup winners (all northern trained) have won the race.

I used to go to Haydock a lot in the early 90s and fondly remember Twin Oaks lugging top weight to victory – and over the big old Haydock drop fences.

My all time favourite Jodami won it twice. I think his second win was his last victory.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

There’s nothing GC class in this , it’s more a national trial than a GC one now sadly

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Never in doubt. Cracking SP too. :good:

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 751

Yes, great SP. I suppose it would have been better for the form if Sam’s Adventure had stood up but I doubt he would have got too near to this lad. That Gold Cup entry does not look silly.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Reading between the lines from Venetia’s interview i wouldnt be surprised if the Gold Cup was next.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 751

The bookies were clearly impressed. Best price 12/1. Only slighter bigger than the likes of A Plus Tard.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Very impressive. I thought a 16 pounds rise would give him a clallenge, but he won easier then in his previsous runs. I suppose the Gold Cup will be next. I can only see him running in the National Hunt Chase if the ground will come up good.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

And surely we must have seen the winner of the Betfair Chase 2021.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

I think we just might have DBR

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

The bookies were clearly impressed. Best price 12/1.
    I’d rather have Bristol de Mai ew at 40s than RP at 12s. Or even 66s.

And surely we must have seen the winner of the Betfair Chase 2021.

Yes; Silver Hallmark ;-)

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

“The bookies were clearly impressed. Best price 12/1. Only slighter bigger than the likes of A Plus Tard.”

One of the worst prices iv ever seen

He won a weak handicap in which his main rival didnt run and the other one fell

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Sams Adventure wouldnt have beaten him anyway imo. Without Sam Brown he had a class edge as i said in my preview. Hes not my pick for the Gold Cup but with a likely hike into the 160s Cheltenham handicaps are out of the equation.
    Needs juice though by the look of it so a dry week wont help him.

befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1169

Allowing for the weak opposition, that was seriously impressive

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.