The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Peter Marsh 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Peter Marsh 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16242

Not the strongest entry I’ve seen, but still plenty of interest……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/23/haydock/2021-01-23/774475

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/peter-marsh-handicap-chase/winner

I really do like the top two.

4’s is short enough at the five day stage, but I really do like this Royal Pagaille a lot. Really impressed at Kempton, and this is apparently the plan. I’ve bet him for The Gold Cup, so it won’t make much sense to bet him here. Obviously be willing him on though.

I’ve always liked Sam Brown as well, and he’s been looked after this year. He looks primed to go well, with track and going in his favour, having won at the meeting last year. I just think he’s slightly risky Antepost, as he’s missed a few engagements.

Of the rest, I do like…..

Cap Du Nord
    Clan Legend
    Claude and Goldie

and should the front two not make it, I’d seriously consider them.

No bet at the moment.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563

I think Crievehill at 20/1 could be value. He won over course and distance here last year and he is back to that same mark.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16242

Not a bad shout that DBR, sure I had the second that day, and Crievehill won well.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 824

Would not waste too much time going through the form for this race. The amount of rain we had around here last night was ridiculous.

There is an inspection on Thursday and the meeting must be long odds on to be abandoned. :cry:

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

This seems like an exercise in futility, but in the outside chance that it’s on, then I will go with Sam’s Adventure to follow up his last win here.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4933

If this does go ahead, and who knows from Tellwrong’s reports…, it will be a severe slog and I’m happy that my top rated LAMANVER PIPPIN is low in the weights. Seemed to throw in the towel in the latter stages at Chepstow last time, but lightly raced and generally thereabouts previously. I can’t say that his trainer is my favourite, but his charge is well treated on best recent efforts and conditions shouldn’t be a problem.

Scottish interest CLAUD AND GOLDIE was a late starter and might still have a little more to come even at the age of 12. Another light weight he’s not run a poor race in his career and could make a mark at fancy odds.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

Most of the intended runners have good form in heavy ground and good course records too. However, Sam Brown stands out for me and has a very capable 5lb claimer aboard in Ben Godfrey. Taken 4/1 single and in a double with Allart earlier on the card.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

Sam Brown a non runner again. Seems to be no excuses for pulling him out today. They don’t seem to want to race him :scratch:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2723

Royale Pagaille 6-4 for me against this lot. Goes on heavy and dont think trainer would run in a handicap off top weight if she didnt think he was up to it. If connections are serious about their Gold Cup aspirations for him he will win off this mark against these opponents.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1006

This isn’t going to be pretty in this ground , if he was mine the fav wouldn’t be running . . . , I like crievehill to , down to a winning mark and he,ll handle the ground , another is smooth stepper ,all his best form is in heavy ground , played both , good luck all

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 46

I was between the top two in the market so with Sam Brown being pulled I will back Royal Pagaille here.

Following Mike’s comments and for anyone who fancies it, SkiBet have Royal Pagaille to win today and the 2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup available at 80s.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1006

I’ll be honest I don’t even think he,ll win today , he’s obvs got a engine but he does tend to miss a fence or two

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2729

156 looks high lugging all that weight in bottomless heavy ground

Sams adventure won the tommy whittle with ears pricked so will take plenty of beating

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 824

Amazed this is on given all the rain we have had. I am not that far away and there is Snow on the ground here!

Just hope they go sensible at Haydock today. It really does not look good when you see exhausted horses clambering over the last and barely able to raise a canter.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1006

Cork would be talking about Blacklion …. Not one of NTD greatest days …that was a horror of a race to watch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.