The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paying for the Post Website

Home Forums Horse Racing Paying for the Post Website

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Eye Of Sauron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 148

Are the Post getting desperate for subscribers yet? Just got this lod of codswallop in my in-box. Makes me think so.

<<<<<<<<<<< Dear Tarquin, (OK, I made that bit up...)

Make your quest to unravel winners refreshingly simple when you decipher more with Topspeed, Horse Statistics, Horse Relatives and Quotes from trainers and connections.

For just half the price of a bottle of water a day* you get
    complete access to Racing Post’s unique data and opinion, delivering you more enjoyment, insight and profit from racing. Access the following unique features:

Spotlights, Postdata, Racing Post Ratings (RPR), Topspeed, Selection boxes, Early betting forecasts, Post-race analysis, Raceform Notebook, Times, Previous winners, Horse statistics, Horse sales, Quotes from trainers and connections, Horse relatives, Sales Search, News Archive & Racing Business

And for real value, you can save £160.05** by becoming an Ultimate annual member for £199.95 or an Ultimate monthly member for just 66p a day (£19.95 a month) which includes
    EVERYTHING above plus our Tipping package, RUK live and unlimited RUK race replays.

Join thousands of members who use our unique, refreshing information to make better decisions – faster.

Be in the know
    TODAY.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I got the same guff .. I’ve unsubscribed again, maybe this time?

The only thing they that’s worth looking at is the database, all of the other stuff is pin sticker material.

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

For just half the price of a bottle of water a day*

Haven’t they heard of a tap?

In answer to the OP, I would expect their hits are well down and the advertisers are probably beginning to grumble.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Haven’t subscribed, can’t say I’ve missed it and have certainly got used to operating without it.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I would expect their hits are well down and the advertisers are probably beginning to grumble.

.. that’s the problem when you have a free site that’s plastered with adverts and then you want folk to pay for it as well .. a bit like having your cake and eating it. 2 + 2 = 4 not 5.6. Let’s hope the millions of subscribers make up for the loss in advertising revenue.

john2345
    • Total Posts 47

The only thing I miss is the post-Race Analysis. However there’s an upside to this in that I am now able to resist the temptation to try to find the winner of the Class 5 Handicap for No Hopers at Lord-knows-what-track, and can retain my focus on the better class races where I know the horses and the form withoit having to read it up.

J

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

Couldn’t do without it to be honest and as the UM comes with unlimited RUK streaming it’s unfortunately an essential.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.