The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paul Carberry

Home Forums Horse Racing Paul Carberry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

if he had carried out his "prank" this week…

:o

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Imagine what?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Last weeks issues have highlighted just how serious and stupid Carberry’s ‘prank’ was and how lucky he is to have got away as lightly as he did..<br>

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

I don’t think he has got away with it as he has a prison sentence hanging over him while he makes a badly advised appeal

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

is he appealing? (dont answer that :biggrin: )

But if so, hes hardly doing so in the right climate????!

Should drop it asap if I was him

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Why should last weeks climate be any different to the climate of when the incident happened?

JohnJ.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

BC – He hasn’t got away with it, it could be argued that he has got off lightly though.

JJD – The climate has changed in as much as people will now be much more aware of, and less forgiving of, what happens on board planes. What has changed is that people are now vividly aware of the possible catastrophic loss which could be caused by someone using apparently innocuous devices. This wasn’t the case to the same extent at the time Carberry was cautioned.

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Quote: from cormack15 on 1:17 pm on Aug. 14, 2006[br]BC – He hasn’t got away with it, it could be argued that he has got off lightly though.

JJD – The climate has changed in as much as people will now be much more aware of, and less forgiving of, what happens on board planes. What has changed is that people are now vividly aware of the possible catastrophic loss which could be caused by someone using apparently innocuous devices. This wasn’t the case to the same extent at the time Carberry was cautioned.

I take  your point but it wouldnt be much of a justice system if it responds to the general climate of fear brought on by terrorists and then stoked with media frenzy and all too unhelpful comments by politicians etc…but all of this belongs in a different forum.

How long before his appeal is heard

JC

SHL

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Cormack,

I think your wrong, the climate has changed so much since Sept 11th. I don’t think Carberry would have been in so much trouble if he had of carried out the act before then.

JohnJ.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Fans of Paul Carberry will be pleased to learn that an appeal court judge in Eire has overturned his 2 month jail sentence for setting light to a newspaper on a flight, applied something called the Probation Act and substituted voluntary work instead.

Mully
    • Total Posts 156

Muckin’ out at Willie Mullins will do him a load of good!!:biggrin:

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

He should be made to actually muck out Willie Mullins himself!

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Very funny you two-The only reason i did not laugh was for fear my sides would split.

Lingfield,I think you’ll find most on here also read the RP site.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I am a veritable font of humour Jilly!

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Not sure how Irish justice works or that community’s view of aviation security in the current climate- perhaps it is different to that in the UK as the threat is lower. However I would say that he is extremely fortunate that his lawyers were able to strike such a deal, especially given his not guilty plea and the scathing comments made by the original trial judge about the credibility of his evidence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.